NCL Horrific Hold Times/Customer Service

Denman

This weekend I experienced the longest hold times of my entire life trying to reach NCL regarding a price drop. Collectively, I spent 3.5 hours and then was refused so much as a token OBC due to the price drop or at least compensation for the poor service. I realize now that when NCL has your final payment, they're done with you.

I understand that this is the high-booking "Wave" season, but how much hold time can you tolerate before you move on to other cruise lines? I've never had this issue with their competitors. Carnival actually assigns you a specific "agent" and you have their direct extension when you need help. I just felt incredibly "out of luck" when trying to reach NCL this weekend. Their website was locked up at times yesterday and even their phone numbers gave a rapid busy tone when you tried to call them yesterday morning. These are the things I remember when I choose a line to cruise with. I can't say NCL scored any points with me this weekend. :confused:

NCL also assigns you a specific agent...called a PCC. You should have called him/her instead of trying the general 800 number.

Sorry, I was never made aware of that. None of the confirmations they sent had any such information. Trust me, I looked for that information first.

Compensation for the inconvenience of waiting on hold for a price drop you aren't contractually entitled to receive?

Fascinating.

Just what I was thinking. I called my pcc directly twice this weekend and he picked up right away.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Forums mobile app

This weekend I experienced the longest hold times of my entire life trying to reach NCL regarding a price drop. Collectively, I spent 3.5 hours and then was refused so much as a token OBC due to the price drop or at least compensation for the poor service. I realize now that when NCL has your final payment, they're done with you.
The hold time is unusual; the fact that they wouldn't give you anything for a price drop after final payment is not. I think this is the #1 most popular thing that people come here to complain about. I would never have stayed on hold for so long for a request that was so unlikely to produce any positive results. And apparently you called several times?

I called my pcc directly twice this weekend and he picked up right away.

This was also my experience. I think you need to see whomever's name is appended to your next NCL Offer, and keep that name/number on file. It pays to have "a guy" you can call directly.

I understand that this is the high-booking "Wave" season, but how much hold time can you tolerate before you move on to other cruise lines? I've never had this issue with their competitors. Carnival actually assigns you a specific "agent" and you have their direct extension when you need help. I just felt incredibly "out of luck" when trying to reach NCL this weekend. Their website was locked up at times yesterday and even their phone numbers gave a rapid busy tone when you tried to call them yesterday morning. These are the things I remember when I choose a line to cruise with. I can't say NCL scored any points with me this weekend. :confused:

AGREE AGREE AGREE AGREE

and for those saying use PCC, I called mine 3 times, emailed twice, have yet to hear back. Oh well, next cruise $$$$ not to NCL. Poor customer service from day 1, I should have known better than to try and call yesterday, on hold 2 hours, then disconnected. Oh well, never again.

This is like the 4th thread this weekend about being on hold. What happened? Did I miss the sale of all sales or something? Buy one cruise and get one free? :eek:

There was a one day sale which wound up being extended because of problems with the NCL Website and people being unable to get through. You were able to combine the kids/family/friends sale free or 50% off fares with the Freestyle Choice and even AARP.

My TA was able to save a total of $3200 for the four cabins in my group that had 3 or 4 people for our August 2016 Alaska Cruise. I saved over $900 on mine!!

Sent from my iPad using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

yesterday when they had the kids sale free, the website was BOGGED down!!

i was trying to set up a cruise but decided to hold on, when i saw they extended it today, i booked. this time i called and got through in a few minutes max.

the lady was very happy and helpful. i booked. simple.

When things get back to normal I will inquire as to why I was never assigned a "PCC". I had other issues to discuss when I called...not just looking for an upgrade or whatever.

So, did those issues get resolved? If so, what's the problem?

I have my own ncl PCC with his direct number. This is nothing new. However today he was off (Sunday) so I was forced to hold for a very very long time).

Edited by FootballParent

My PCC picked up on the third ring of my first call. He saved me $500 and then answered about 4 different emails with questions I had on different things right away. Once NCL assigns you a PCC you really need to keep it handy as I find it the easiest way to get promotions and price adjustments.

this can be sliced any way people want- this is Atrocious customer service- Even Costco Travel had to put on their website and cust serv # that NCL was having disasterous hold times- and that they could not deal with NCL today.. I'm sure Costco and other agents loved that !

My PCC didnt answer all weekend ( so who cares if yours did- you obviously didn't have the issues others did )

Now- they apear to have doubled the kids rate- only to then give half off.. something tells me the BBB will be called a LOT this weekend... BAIT and Switch of the century- " we are having a sale" but NObody can get thru- the website will be down- oh- and we will mis- represent the sale anyways

GOOD LUCK NCL

this can be sliced any way people want- this is Atrocious customer service- Even Costco Travel had to put on their website and cust serv # that NCL was having disasterous hold times- and that they could not deal with NCL today.. I'm sure Costco and other agents loved that !

My PCC didnt answer all weekend ( so who cares if yours did- you obviously didn't have the issues others did )

Now- they apear to have doubled the kids rate- only to then give half off.. something tells me the BBB will be called a LOT this weekend... BAIT and Switch of the century- " we are having a sale" but NObody can get thru- the website will be down- oh- and we will mis- represent the sale anyways

GOOD LUCK NCL

What are u talking about? I saved $400 today with the KSF special. Before u call the BBB get your facts straight. And GOOD LUCK to YOU.