Port Everglades to MCO for 3:30 flight

happy cruiser1234

Hello! Our family of 7 are sailing on Allure in March and got a fantastic rate on a flight out of Orlando airport. But now I am starting to worry that we may not make the flight for 3:27pm. We rented a 15 person passenger van from FLL airport and will be dropping it off at MCO airport. I know the drive should be aprox. 4 hours. Has anyone had experience doing this, or any other suggestions on getting to Orlando the quickest way.

Thanks

For a 3:27 flight you need to be at MCO by about 2:00 (earlier is better); with a 4 hour drive that means in a van and rolling by 10:00. I would carry your bags off, or at least have the renter carry his bags off and get the van as early as possible while everyone else collects bags, clears customs/immigration, etc. Good luck - you don't have much room for any issues to pop up.

Hello! Our family of 7 are sailing on Allure in March and got a fantastic rate on a flight out of Orlando airport. But now I am starting to worry that we may not make the flight for 3:27pm. We rented a 15 person passenger van from FLL airport and will be dropping it off at MCO airport. I know the drive should be aprox. 4 hours. Has anyone had experience doing this, or any other suggestions on getting to Orlando the quickest way.

Thanks

Greetings

The ride is about 210 miles. With normal traffic it will take just over 3 hours. The best route would be to take I-595 west straight to the Florida Turnpike. Head north on the turnpike to Beachline Expressway (State 528) and exit at MCO. MCO can be crazy so get an early start.

Good Sailing

Tom