Looking for reviews of Trunk or Cinnamon Bay

SugarStar00

I'm debating what to do for our 4th stop in St. Thomas. Revisit a beach we've already been to ( coki or sapphire) or take the journey over to St. John and see what Trunk Bay (or Cinnamon Bay) is all about. I'm hesitant to do so because we also stop in Tortola and will be taking a ferry over to Virgin Gorda and I'm not sure I want to spend so much time traveling, but at the same time I feel like it might be time to see St. John. I'm looking for pictures/reviews that you have (or just links to one). I did a search but came up with a lot of old threads with no pics.

Thanks!!

Jen

We were on the Getaway in May, 2014. We took a taxi to Red Hook, ferry to St John, then taxi to Cinnamon. It was amazing, we were basically the only people there! I think we saw 3-5 other people when we got there. Walked east along the beach almost to the end and took a nap in the shade. Went back towards the main beach area later and there were some more people, but I would still call in empty compared to other beaches we saw. We had time to walk the ruins across the street too. Very cool self guided excursion. (Hope the pictures work, using the mobile app)

ImageUploadedByForums1423117523.510038.jpg.319b6de23dc88636edf89c9a37e05688.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

ImageUploadedByForums1423117510.351888.jpg.8e2f2527c2b433d45d2f0c9c2be72d50.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Loved St. John. Can't wait to go back. My review here: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=41581102&postcount=19

Gorgeous photos! Are the taxi's back to the ferry, from Cinnamon Bay, as plentiful as they are from Trunk's Bay. We have been to Trunk Bay and would like to go to Cinnamon Bay as it sounds like it is less crowded.

Any reason why you would not buy a round trip ticket on the ferry? Just curious!

I'm debating what to do for our 4th stop in St. Thomas. Revisit a beach we've already been to ( coki or sapphire) or take the journey over to St. John and see what Trunk Bay (or Cinnamon Bay) is all about. I'm hesitant to do so because we also stop in Tortola and will be taking a ferry over to Virgin Gorda

Jen

I'm curious What ship are you on? We are going on RC and they cancelled our Tortola stop. :( We were really looking forward to it so know scrounging for some new and different areas as we have been to St Thomas several times.

When will you be going I'd like to hear if you did it on your own and how it went.

I'm curious What ship are you on? We are going on RC and they cancelled our Tortola stop. :( We were really looking forward to it so know scrounging for some new and different areas as we have been to St Thomas several times.

When will you be going I'd like to hear if you did it on your own and how it went.

We're going on the Carnival Liberty. I'm not sure we are going to make the trip over to trunk bay this time- there will be 5 ships in port when we are there and I read some scary reviews about hitting major traffic on the way back from the ferry terminal...:(

We're going on the Carnival Liberty. I'm not sure we are going to make the trip over to trunk bay this time- there will be 5 ships in port when we are there and I read some scary reviews about hitting major traffic on the way back from the ferry terminal...:(

Please post back what you decided to do and how you made out. I'm sailing Liberty in 52 days, 5 ships in port and I'm also worried about making the trip to St. John and the traffic coming back. I'm thinking a early beach day in St. Thomas and then head back to ship if it gets too crowded. Thanks!

Gorgeous photos! Are the taxi's back to the ferry, from Cinnamon Bay, as plentiful as they are from Trunk's Bay. We have been to Trunk Bay and would like to go to Cinnamon Bay as it sounds like it is less crowded.

Any reason why you would not buy a round trip ticket on the ferry? Just curious!

Thanks! :) There was only one taxi waiting, but there's a park office so I think they would be able to call one over. I did get round trip tickets, they come in singles.

• 3 weeks later...