Boarding

BlockIslanders

We are cruising on the Liberty March 22 - My boyfriend and I are both VIFP and know we can board early- but we are taking our parents who have never cruised - will they allow them to get on the ship with us? :)

I obviously know that we can wait until their group is called to board so you don't need to chastise me for that - just wondering if they would allow them to board with us! Thanks for any help I really appreciate it!

VIFP doesn't really mean anything for boarding purposes, just means you've been on a cruise before. So in all reality you, your boyfriend and parents can all board at the same time.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

We are cruising on the Liberty March 22 - My boyfriend and I are both VIFP and know we can board early- but we are taking our parents who have never cruised - will they allow them to get on the ship with us? :)

I obviously know that we can wait until their group is called to board so you don't need to chastise me for that - just wondering if they would allow them to board with us! Thanks for any help I really appreciate it!

They let me do it with FTTF. A family friend crusing alone tagged along they said go ahead.

I don't even think VFIP means you have been on a cruise before. We were VFIP Blue with our first booking.

We've been on a cruise before obviously thats why i'm asking :confused:there are different levels that allow you to board before the zones - I just want to know if people who are not the same level as you but who booked with you can get on the boat with you! :)

We've been on a cruise before obviously thats why i'm asking :confused:there are different levels that allow you to board before the zones - I just want to know if people who are not the same level as you but who booked with you can get on the boat with you! :)

If you are not platinum or diamond, then you will not have priority boarding unless you purchase FTTF. All staterooms would need to have FTTF to be able to board together. Even if they are at a different level than you are, unless you are PLATINUM OR DIAMOND, you will board at the same time. I think you may be confused as to how the process works.

In short, even if you are RED or GOLD and they are BLUE, you will board at the same time regardless - unless you purchase FTTF or have a suite. There is no difference in boarding levels with those 3 card colors.

Edited by Rena921

OP, per your signature you've sailed Carnival once before, right? This would make your VIFP status as Red. If this is the case, your parents (who will be Blue), and you would board with the masses when your group number is called.

If you are not platinum or diamond, then you will not have priority boarding unless you purchase FTTF. All staterooms would need to have FTTF to be able to board together. Even if they are at a different level than you are, unless you are PLATINUM OR DIAMOND, you will board at the same time. I think you may be confused as to how the process works.

In short, even if you are RED or GOLD and they are BLUE, you will board at the same time regardless - unless you purchase FTTF or have a suite. There is no difference in boarding levels with those 3 card colors.

Thanks! Im not confused at how it works, all I wanted to know was if they would let our parents (who have never cruised) board with us (booked in a suite & bf is platinum) I called and they said that would be perfectly fine! :)

OP, per your signature you've sailed Carnival once before, right? This would make your VIFP status as Red. If this is the case, your parents (who will be Blue), and you would board with the masses when your group number is called.

Thanks - I guess I should have put that my BF is platinum and im not we are staying in a suite - I called and they said that we could all board together without a problem of purchasing FTTF. Thanks

Thanks - I guess I should have put that my BF is platinum and im not we are staying in a suite - I called and they said that we could all board together without a problem of purchasing FTTF. Thanks

I hope it works out for you but don't be upset if it doesn't... While you and your boyfriend will be allowed in the VIP Room, your parents might not be allowed, regardless of what you were told..

Alot of it has to do with the Port and the Staff.. In Miami, unless you're Diamond/Platinum or in a Suite, they very rarely allow any other passenger into the VIP Room...

I hope it works out for you but don't be upset if it doesn't... While you and your boyfriend will be allowed in the VIP Room, your parents might not be allowed, regardless of what you were told..

Alot of it has to do with the Port and the Staff.. In Miami, unless you're Diamond/Platinum or in a Suite, they very rarely allow any other passenger into the VIP Room...

This is true. They check every pass, no Priority, no Entry.

I agree with you. The same goes for Ft. Lauderdale and Port Canavaral. They won't let you in the VIP. room or even board together.

Good luck OP and remember that if they can't board with you, it's not the end of the world.

I think this is exactly it.........it depends on the person guiding passengers into the chutes to board, if they had enough coffee that morning, how crowded it is, how the crowd is behaving, etc. You may get to do it and you may not! The person you spoke to on the phone may give you the "policy" but the person guiding people into the chutes is who ultimately has the power!

Edited by Fergus

I think this is exactly it.........it depends on the person guiding passengers into the chutes to board, if they had enough coffee that morning, how crowded it is, how the crowd is behaving, etc. You may get to do it and you may not! The person you spoke to on the phone may give you the "policy" but the person guiding people into the chutes is who ultimately has the power!

Maybe but it goes back to the fact that folks are seeking an exception. If you are not Priority, you should not expect Priority.

Try it on an airline...Please my friend is a double diamond dipped in gold and I have flown once, can I sit in First Class with him?..

And that isn't the Policy. Maybe that's what they heard but the web site is very clear.

I totally agree! We sailed two years ago on the Liberty. When we were checking in a getting our ss cards we struck up a lively conversation with the woman behind the counter. Well needless to say, she failed to give us a number and we just walked on with everyone else. The person collecting the numbers asked for ours and we told her we didn't get one, she smiled and waved us on!

I agree about the ports being different. We are Plats and in Miami and Port Canaveral they boarded Diamonds/Plats, then FTTF, then others. In Tampa, however, they boarded them all at the same time and allowed plats and FTTF to bring friends along with them. One lady brought five other cabin groups with her during the priority boarding; they just left their zone tags on the chairs. There also was no separate room for Diamonds/Plats/FTTF.So a lot depends on the port.

you will frequently get misinformation from customer service.

Chances are you will NOT be allowed to take them with you. on a rare occasion an exception is made.

don't yell at the staff or get upset if they don't allow it. you can tell them you were told you would be allowed but they wont change it.

good luck

Thanks! Im not confused at how it works, all I wanted to know was if they would let our parents (who have never cruised) board with us (booked in a suite & bf is platinum) I called and they said that would be perfectly fine! :)

As others quoted, usually people don't board together, just because someone gave you the answer you wanted. If per chance someone at the port lets them in line, are you aware their S&S cards are not in the same place? The line stops while the person goes to another area to retrieve them? Some will say it takes just a few minutes, but multiply that by multiple people doing it and time for others wanting to board adds up.