Steakhouse WINE PROMO !!

Tom-n-Cheryl

We are going to the Steakhouse on the first night of our cruise. We know very little about wine. We do know that we like fruitier wines that aren't dry. Which wine do you suggest we try? Which one of the house wines would be best for our tastes?

We really enjoyed the Castillo del Poggio Moscato--we actually preferred it to the Zinfandel that we purchased.

if they are all the santa Carolina wines

but the 50% off, go for the Beringer white zinfandel, and yea the moscato's will be sweet

what you might do is get a bottle of beringer, and if you like it, buy one or two more for later in the cruise

upthread here are several peeps that are buying 3-4 bottles on the first night, the dining staff will label your wines and keep them cellared for later in the cruise

we sometimes split a bottle over a couple dinners and leave them for the next night:)

We too have taken advantage....multiple bottle of Opus One. And not a young year! Very surprised.

Already planning on the same in February on Freedom.

Have reservations set for the week (gave up on the MDR several years ago). So looking forward to another great week of steaks, wines and time with my wife!

We too have taken advantage....multiple bottle of Opus One. And not a young year! Very surprised.

Already planning on the same in February on Freedom.

Have reservations set for the week (gave up on the MDR several years ago). So looking forward to another great week of steaks, wines and time with my wife!

Sounds like you enjoy some of the same aspects of cruising that we do!

Tom

Opus one is a very nice wine. Now if we start seeing Screaming Eagle on the list, then things have changed......

Just had to look that one up. Nope, don't think we'll be seeing that on Carnival! I did manage to get a couple of the last bottles onboard (Château Lafite Rothschild) in a couple of Carnival Steakhouses. Unfortunately that was before the wine promo was introduced !

On the Constellation last month I did see a bottle on their wine list which was just north of four grand... I decided to go with something a little more familiar to me! ;)

Tom

Does anyone have experience with the steakhouse 1/2 price wine on the Breeze? I am not a big wine drinker and would not spend a lot on a bottle for this reason. But if I could go to the steakhouse on the first night and get 6 or 7 inexpensive bottles of pinot for the duration of our cruise that would be great!

Just had to look that one up. Nope, don't think we'll be seeing that on Carnival! I did manage to get a couple of the last bottles onboard (Château Lafite Rothschild) in a couple of Carnival Steakhouses. Unfortunately that was before the wine promo was introduced !

On the Constellation last month I did see a bottle on their wine list which was just north of four grand... I decided to go with something a little more familiar to me! ;)

Tom

I had the opportunity at two business dinners last year to try Screaming Eagle. I was very impressed, less so with the price.:eek: Ahh for when they used to have a Sommelier in the Steakhouse..... There still is some good wines to be had on a Carnival ship though.

Edited by jimbo5544

On our Oasis cruise we took my wife's cousin to dinner at Chops one evening. It was one of those milestone birthday's so I wanted to order a nice bottle of wine, but had neglected to bring my glasses (which turned out to be not such a good idea). I picked something off the reserve list but alas, the price was in fine point and no where close to being able to be read by my less then perfect eyes and boy was I shocked when the bill came at the end of the meal.:eek::eek: I will not be making that mistake again.

Edited by jimbo5544

On our Oasis cruise we took my wife's cousin to dinner at Chops one evening. It was one of those milestone birthday's so I wanted to order a nice bottle of wine, but had neglected to bring my glasses (which turned out to be not such a good idea). I picked something off the reserve list but alas, the price was in fine point and no where close to being able to be read by my less then perfect eyes and boy was I shocked when the bill came at the end of the meal.:eek::eek: I will not be making that mistake again.

Inquiring minds want to know... how much was the surprise ? :eek:

Tom

Does anyone know where we can see a copy of the wine list before we sail.

If you happen to be on the Freedom, there is a glimpse of the steakhouse wine list on the virtual tour on CC. I would assume there is a lot of overlap for other ships, even if not identical, if you aren't on the Freedom.

and I'm guessing it was NOT half price?

hope you said happy *&(!! birthday too!;)

Sadly it was not, but it was good and something I would not have done otherwise. She repaid it on the Sunshine on August for my birthday with Opus 1.

Does anyone have experience with the steakhouse 1/2 price wine on the Breeze? I am not a big wine drinker and would not spend a lot on a bottle for this reason. But if I could go to the steakhouse on the first night and get 6 or 7 inexpensive bottles of pinot for the duration of our cruise that would be great!

I would like to know as well.

• 2 months later...

Anyone have input? Cruise is drawing near!