DD being removed from Quantum

From the news article posted on CC.

When Quantum makes her way to China DD will be replaced with something new.

"Although Quantum of the Seas' dining room staff numbers have been increased and menu options have become more varied, Harrison Liu, Royal Caribbean's manager of brand communications, says the "Classic" option won't be added to Dynamic Dining on that ship before it relocates to China in May. (When the ship makes its move, Liu says something new will be implemented in place of Dynamic Dining, but no details have yet been released.)"

Edited by Ourusualbeach

From the news article posted on CC.

When Quantum makes her way to China DD will be replaced with something new.

"Although Quantum of the Seas' dining room staff numbers have been increased and menu options have become more varied, Harrison Liu, Royal Caribbean's manager of brand communications, says the "Classic" option won't be added to Dynamic Dining on that ship before it relocates to China in May. (When the ship makes its move, Liu says something new will be implemented in place of Dynamic Dining, but no details have yet been released.)"

Ah thank you. I got an email today which said about the Classic option being added to DD on Anthem but I wondered why the person did not say it would be added to Quantum too.

Ah thank you. I got an email today which said about the Classic option being added to DD on Anthem but I wondered why the person did not say it would be added to Quantum too.

I had thought something was up when it was not part of the Classic dining. With so many other changes to the Quantum this does not surprise me.

Unfortunate for those that are booking the Quantum for the Asian sailings though. Not much different than those that initially booked the Quantum when she was first released.

I had thought something was up when it was not part of the Classic dining. With so many other changes to the Quantum this does not surprise me.

Unfortunate for those that are booking the Quantum for the Asian sailings though. Not much different than those that initially booked the Quantum when she was first released.

It would have created another real mess if they had added Classic to Quantum before she headed off to her new home.

Oh yes when I booked Quantum the dining was Traditional & MTD.

• 3 weeks later...
Or then this is again misunderstanding - and Quantum will have DD with Classic option available.

American Icon Grill is the closest to a classic MDR. It is open for breakfast, lunch & dinner and on sea days, has the tutti salad bar, as other ships.

Does this mean that the Anthem will have a regular dining room with a traditional menu?

No. The design of the ship is the same as Quantum - 4 seperate 430 seat venues which do not allow for a traditional MDR. Anything can happen to the menu but it is likely to stay as is - fixed menu in each venue. To appease the traditionalists, a Classic choice will be added to the dining option which will make a standing reservations (either early or late) at each venue in some sort of rotating order. With this choice the wait staff moves with you to each venue.

Biker, who wished more folks would do searches and post in existing threads.

Edited by Biker19

No. The design of the ship is the same as Quantum - 4 seperate 430 seat venues which do not allow for a traditional MDR. Anything can happen to the menu but it is likely to stay as is - fixed menu in each venue. To appease the traditionalists, a Classic choice will be added to the dining option which will make a standing reservations (either early or late) at each venue in some sort of rotating order. With this choice the wait staff moves with you to each venue.

Biker, who wished more folks would do searches and post in existing threads.

This is an interesting solution! By the time that Anthem arrives in November in NJ let's hope all the kinks are ironed out with the meal times along with the other glitches that Q has experienced.!

MARAPRINCE

• 2 weeks later...
This is an interesting solution! By the time that Anthem arrives in November in NJ let's hope all the kinks are ironed out with the meal times along with the other glitches that Q has experienced.!

MARAPRINCE

that is hoping for a lot, but hope by Spring/16 RCL has finally found something that works!!!

Eating dinner is a good part of the cruising experience and to mess with it, then have it not work, doesn't sit well..........

We can always Cancel before final payment!!:D