Night before cruise...

tommy1984

Hey guys, My wife and I will be flying into orlando on the 8th and renting a car to get to port canaveral for our cruise that heaves on the 9th. We are wondering if we can get some recommendations for hotels close to the port for the night before/after our cruise. I know there is Ron jon resort now known as holiday inn beach resort with we stayed at last month for a vacation about a mile from the port but we are look to spend less than $150 per night and they are over $250.

thanks

Thomas

Edited by tommy1984

The three closest to the port are Country Inn & Suites, Residence Inn and Radisson At The Port.

CI&S and RI have free breakfast. Radisson does not but there is a restaurant on site and a family restaurant next door and McDonalds across the street.

Edited by GTO-Girl

First cruise Radisson at the port...found it sorta run down..next we stayed at the Country Inn and Suites...also a Radisson Inc. Location perfect...food. free breakfast adequate. ..WONDERFUL location GREAT transfer to pier. I used my Radisson Points...WE found OUR night before location

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Forums mobile app

We stay at America's Best Value Inn which used to be an Econo Lodge. After they bought it, they repainted the rooms and put some new furniture in the rooms. You can park your car there for a one time fee of $5 for as long as your cruises(s) is. It cost us $79 for the night and they have scrambled eggs, sausage & gravy etc. for a free breakfast. They have a shuttle to & from the port. When you get off the ship you turn left and walk down to a table. They have your name and check you off. Then you get in the large van which is parked there waiting for you. As soon as the van is full, they take you back to the hotel for your car.

Twice we met the same couple, from Tampa area. They drive there and pay to leave their car there for their cruise- they don' t have to stay there.

It is close to 95 so we stay there the night before cruises from FL or Miami. Their phone number is 321-632-4561.

The three closest to the port are Country Inn & Suites, Residence Inn and Radisson At The Port.

CI&S and RI have free breakfast. Radisson does not but there is a restaurant on site and a family restaurant next door and McDonalds across the street.

thank you for the heads up.

You also might want to consider just staying in the Orlando area where you have a much larger selection of hotel in every price range plus a huge number of restaurants and an interesting downtown area. You can then drive to the port in the morning (we are talking about no more then an hour drive). Since there is really no reason to get to the port before 11 am (and you can arrive several hours later if that is your preference) you should have no problem in the morning.

Hank

Edited by Hlitner