FINALLY Viking Site is Functional!

Bear_Music

At just before midnight Pacific Time on the promised 67th day before embarkation the reservation component of the "My Viking" page went live, and we were able to book all our preferred tours without difficulty in about 15 minutes. YEE HAW! Major monkey off our collective backs.

In theory, dining reservations for DV cabins will open at 60 days. But that one I've never been worried about :-)

Thanks Bear Music for the heads up. I also booked all our excursions in about 15 minutes.

BTW - I also printed out the My Calendar pages and as I suspected, the excursions have been included on each page. Marsha

Edited by loum140
info

Loum140 - when you printed your calendar pages, did they print each day on a single page? When I try to print them, each day prints on two pages - the header with the port name on one page and the schedule itself on another. I reported this "bug" to Viking - maybe they fixed it?

Loum140 - when you printed your calendar pages, did they print each day on a single page? When I try to print them, each day prints on two pages - the header with the port name on one page and the schedule itself on another. I reported this "bug" to Viking - maybe they fixed it?

Hi Elizabeth: I asked Lou to print the calendar pages out at work as my computer was being "debugged". He said they were running to 2 pages each so he decided to eliminate the part that carried over -- which was everything after 10 p.m. Other than that each page printed out from header to 10 pm. Hope that helps. Marsha

Edited by loum140
info

Pwise60. - was that midnight PST or EST? I see that we are both California...your post got me wondering if the time lock is based West Coast?

Yup, Viking runs on PST. That was 3 AM for poor 'ol me :-) I was booking at 3:01. Some of the spa stuff filled up REALLY fast. But we got everything we wanted straight off the top of our preferences list.

Congrats Bear Music! Glad you got what you wanted - will make the trip a lot more pleasant to get the dining times you want.

While I have you here, we're still good to go at Ephesus, right? I'm not sure I have your e-mail, and I have so MUCH stuff floating around now I can't keep up.

We're all squared away with Judy's two (Santorini and Pula). Anything we need to do with you re: deposits or whatever? I can let Susan and Glen know. We're looking forward to this port a LOT.

My email is the same as my screen name here, at yahoo.

Robt.

3:01am = sheer determination! Impressed that you did - and glad to hear it worked well!

Guessing the 'spa" services that filled up were sea days?

Yup, you betcha. My sister and Penny both managed to snag a time together on the first sea day, so they're happy. Me, I'll buy the internet upgrade instead :-)

Yes Bear_Music, we're all set for Ephesus. As I recall there's 10 (or maybe 12) of us on the tour. I'm not at home right now, so don't have the info right in front of me, but I'll post all the info and who's on the list on Thursday upon my return. We're all set though with Ephesus Shuttle, going through the whole Ephesus site as well as the Roman Town Homes and if there's time, the Ephesus Museum. They will meet us at the pier with a sign "Cruise Critic - Elizabeth" on it.

I wish there were a field in the calendar where I could attach my personal notes. I would then have details on any privately booked excursions incorporated into the format. Is there any way other than printing it separately?

Does anyone know anything about use of the sauna and snow grotto? Doesn't say whether reservations are necessary or if there is a fee. Also curious about any info on schedules for fitness/wellness classes, such as yoga.

Finally, does anyone know of a good walking tour, or two, of Venice? It can be unaccompanied or guided. We're there for three days, post cruise, while the rest of you sail on. Last visited when I was 20, poor in lira but rich in wanderlust.

We were in Venice in October and they have a free walking tour that

is done by students there. It was 3 hours and was great. I don't

have the exact website, but look under free walking tours Venice. You

do have to sign up ahead of time as they limit the numbers. You

just tip at the end of the tour.

Judy

Looking for two to four people to join my husband and me for a morning semi-private tour (approx, 3 hrs, to include a one hour boat tour) with wonderful Luisella Romeo on April 22nd. Anyone staying on in Venice who may be interested?

BTW, thanks, Judy, for the tip on the free walking tour. I found them and it sounds great.

Judy