Pre-booking On Board Services

anniegb

Hi All

I have previously booked MSC cruises direct and via a travel agent. Irrespective of either booking method, I was always able to access my booking on-line and pre-book any on-line that I desired.

Apparently that has now changed and you can only access your booking and pre-book services on-line if you book direct.

Does anyone know when this changed??

Annie

Edited by anniegb

You should be able to see booking & cabin # (if already assigned). For booking drink & other packages they prefer TA to do it for non-direct bookings. Go to http://msccruisesgetforms.com/forms/packages.aspx, select type & market in drop down boxes. You'll see pdf form (can be saved) containing package code & pricing. TA can just refer to code when booking.

I booked my MSC cruise using a TA, and have since been able to log onto the website and pre book excursions and other items.

I am not sure if it makes a difference that I use the UK website?

Hi

I am UK resident and I am using the UK website.

Thanks for that.

Is it a current or previous booking??

I have in the past been able to read my booking and book excursions when I previously booked using a TA but not currently.

Annie

Edited by anniegb

Annie ... I had to mither MSC UK for over 4 months last year about this issue for our November cruise to Dubai, eventually about 5 weeks before the cruise I was able to book tours and drinks online when they fixed it or so they said.

I think that they have this part of their site turned off for the UK, so it might be worth getting on to them about it.

Annie ... I had to mither MSC UK for over 4 months last year about this issue for our November cruise to Dubai, eventually about 5 weeks before the cruise I was able to book tours and drinks online when they fixed it or so they said.

I think that they have this part of their site turned off for the UK, so it might be worth getting on to them about it.

Thanks for that Sidari.

Stuart Chalmers has received so many emails from me today alone on the subject. I am like a dog with a bone.

On their website, they encourage you to book with one of their Partners and you are penalised. Not a lot of sense there.

I did tell him I would be posting this on cruise critic.

Annie

Thanks for that Sidari.

Stuart Chalmers has received so many emails from me today alone on the subject. I am like a dog with a bone.

On their website, they encourage you to book with one of their Partners and you are penalised. Not a lot of sense there.

I did tell him I would be posting this on cruise critic.

Annie

Good luck! I've always found Stuart really helpful.

Hi

I am UK resident and I am using the UK website.

Thanks for that.

Is it a current or previous booking??

I have in the past been able to read my booking and book excursions when I previously booked using a TA but not currently.

Annie

It has been for a current booking. I didn't like the costs of excursions from the TA, and that is when I looked on the MSC website and chose some from there with no problem. I have until 4 days before the cruise to cancel should I want to.

I know I can book them on the ship, but I want to get everything sorted before I leave :-)

Annie ... If you do not hear anything try the email below, this person has been beyond great.

I seem to recall it was Stuart who told me that I could book excursions with my travel agent for our last cruise, when I asked them they said no! but could book drink packages.

Roxanne.Primus@msccruises.co.uk

Thanks Sidari - very helpful.

Annie

It has been for a current booking. I didn't like the costs of excursions from the TA, and that is when I looked on the MSC website and chose some from there with no problem. I have until 4 days before the cruise to cancel should I want to.

I know I can book them on the ship, but I want to get everything sorted before I leave :-)

Thank you very much. On all previous bookings, I was able to almost everything but not on this occasion.

Annie

I booked direct with MSC and still having problems adding my reservation to my dashboard to book onboard drink packages etc.

Currently awaiting technical support.

Fixed by the above mentioned Stuart Chalmers.

Impressive service :)

Fixed by the above mentioned Stuart Chalmers.

Impressive service :)

My problem has not been resolved by Stuart Chalmers and he says he cannot fix it because it is a TA booking ??

Time to try Sidari's contact me thinks.

I have emailed Roxanne. Unless they fix it, I cannot complete the Web check in ??

Annie

Edited by anniegb

My problem has not been resolved by Stuart Chalmers and he says he cannot fix it because it is a TA booking ??

Time to try Sidari's contact me thinks.

I have emailed Roxanne. Unless they fix it, I cannot complete the Web check in ??

Annie

It's very frustrating I can imagine. My booking is still 7 weeks away and I was flapping so if the departure is imminent I'd be beside myself.

It's very frustrating I can imagine. My booking is still 7 weeks away and I was flapping so if the departure is imminent I'd be beside myself.

Thanks.

My departure is NOT imminent.

I suspect I am not being told the truth - that is what annoys me.

Annie

Annie ... that is the same old bull I was given, seems that unless you book direct with them they do not want to know! Two travel agents I spoke to at the Liverpool cruise show said they hated taking bookings for MSC because their TA system is a shambles and they are not allowed to phone them once a booking has been made! they are only allowed to e mail them. I know that from my own previous bookings.

Annie ... that is the same old bull I was given, seems that unless you book direct with them they do not want to know! Two travel agents I spoke to at the Liverpool cruise show said they hated taking bookings for MSC because their TA system is a shambles and they are not allowed to phone them once a booking has been made! they are only allowed to e mail them. I know that from my own previous bookings.

Thanks again for posting Sidari - I am to an extent reassured that it has happened to others. To me it is unacceptable.

One of my previous cruises was via a TA and I never had these issues. Pretty useless TA who I would never use again.

I am beginning to wonder if using a TA has any advantage?? I only used a TA because the Fly-cruise deal was a better price and it had ATOL protection.

I have emailed Roxanne but to date had no response.

Annie

We just automatically used our TA since we always do but I believe with MSC it is better to book directly with them. I was able to access our cruise but I was listed as a 'male' and could not change it to female - I called them and they told me my TA had to call them to make that change. I understand them not wanting to talk to me about other issues related to my cruise but that seemed like something that my TA shouldn't have had to get involved with. Oh well, next time we'll book direct.

Marianne

Thanks again for posting Sidari - I am to an extent reassured that it has happened to others. To me it is unacceptable.

One of my previous cruises was via a TA and I never had these issues. Pretty useless TA who I would never use again.

I am beginning to wonder if using a TA has any advantage?? I only used a TA because the Fly-cruise deal was a better price and it had ATOL protection.

I have emailed Roxanne but to date had no response.

Annie

I came to the conclusion a while back that using a TA was pointless for booking a cruise with MSC. I knew more than they did and they didn't seem to want to do any of the post sales things for me or gave up without much of an effort..

You still have ATOL protection when booking a fly/cruise deal with them directly. I've put it to the test when my flight to Brazil was cancelled by BA due to the volcanic ash milarkey a few years ago. MSC were great. Spoke to them on the Monday (flight was due that day but cancelled the previous day). I was kind of expecting them to horse me around and try to get me out later in the week to join the repo cruise at a later port. Not at all. They gave me a clear choice - full refund or a transfer to something similar of my choice. I chose to switch to a slightly longer reverse repo later that year and got it for the same price. It was all sorted within a week. Obviously those on cruise only did not fare as well and lost out unless they could claim on Travel Insurance.

I came to the conclusion a while back that using a TA was pointless for booking a cruise with MSC. I knew more than they did and they didn't seem to want to do any of the post sales things for me or gave up without much of an effort..

You still have ATOL protection when booking a fly/cruise deal with them directly. I've put it to the test when my flight to Brazil was cancelled by BA due to the volcanic ash milarkey a few years ago. MSC were great. Spoke to them on the Monday (flight was due that day but cancelled the previous day). I was kind of expecting them to horse me around and try to get me out later in the week to join the repo cruise at a later port. Not at all. They gave me a clear choice - full refund or a transfer to something similar of my choice. I chose to switch to a slightly longer reverse repo later that year and got it for the same price. It was all sorted within a week. Obviously those on cruise only did not fare as well and lost out unless they could claim on Travel Insurance.

Hi Amomondo

At the time of my booking the fly/cruise deal was not available direct from MSC. The flights have since appeared and disappeared.

I looked at using my Avios but there were no flights available.

You have just confirmed my suspicions, it pays to book direct with MSC :)

Thanks

Annie

Annie ... It might take two to three days for her to reply ... :)

My TA whom we have booked all the MSC cruises with knows how much discount I have and what club level I am at, they have even refunded the money we had to pay to have our cases delivered on our last cruise and have offered us a future credit voucher despite the issue not being their fault.