Bringing Water on Board

CruisingSnooter

I read on the Carnival website that each person is allowed to bring 12 bottles of water or pop and 1 bottle of wine on board on the first day (but now I can't find where I read that..so much information!)

Reading the forums, it seems like a lot of people allude to 'sneaking' this stuff on and/or just boarding with whatever alcohol they want.

Can anyone clarify for me what is actually allowed...

Edited by CruisingSnooter

I read on the Carnival website that each person is allowed to bring 12 bottles of water or pop and 1 bottle of wine on board on the first day (but now I can't find where I read that..so much information!)

Reading the forums, it seems like a lot of people allude to 'sneaking' this stuff on and/or just boarding with whatever alcohol they want.

Can anyone clarify for me what is actually allowed...

On embarkation day, each guest may bring a small quantity of non-alcoholic beverages on board and only in their carry-on luggage. A small quantity is considered a maximum of 12 bottles and/or cans, 20 ounces each or less. Also on embarkation day, guests (21 years of age and older) may bring on board one bottle (750ml) of wine or champagne, per person, only in their carry-on luggage. Some ports enforce this to the letter, some are more lax and allow guests to carry-on soda and water that exceeds the above limits.

Guests may bring on additional non-alcoholic beverages at the ports of call. Any alcohol brought on will be confiscated by security, tagged, held, and either returned to you the last evening or you are to pick it up at a designated time and location.

Some people try to sneak alcohol in luggage, backpacks, etc. Some are lucky, some are not.

Only embarkation port that I have gone out of that was lax with enforcing the alcohol policy was San Juan. You could carry on pretty much anything you wanted there. There are even multiple liquor stores in the terminal just before you go through security.

Edited by ZJ13820

On embarkation day, each guest may bring a small quantity of non-alcoholic beverages on board and only in their carry-on luggage. A small quantity is considered a maximum of 12 bottles and/or cans, 20 ounces each or less. Also on embarkation day, guests (21 years of age and older) may bring on board one bottle (750ml) of wine or champagne, per person, only in their carry-on luggage. Some ports enforce this to the letter, some are more lax and allow guests to carry-on soda and water that exceeds the above limits.

Guests may bring on additional non-alcoholic beverages at the ports of call. Any alcohol brought on will be confiscated by security, tagged, held, and either returned to you the last evening or you are to pick it up at a designated time and location.

Some people try to sneak alcohol in luggage, backpacks, etc. Some are lucky, some are not. Only embarkation port that I have gone out of that was lax with enforcing the alcohol policy was San Juan.

Thanks for the quick response! My biggest concern is being able to bring on water...we drink a lot and it can get really expensive! Thanks for the clarification!

Thanks for the quick response! My biggest concern is being able to bring on water...we drink a lot and it can get really expensive! Thanks for the clarification!

You may wish to try the free water on board. Then you won't have to lug the bottled water and also save $$$ since on a price per gallon basis bottled water is twice as expensive as gasoline now and also costs more than a gallon of milk.

I realize some people have developed an affinity for the bottled stuff but the ship water is probably as pure if not purer than the bottling plant's and certainly better than out of the tap at home.

Just remember you have to tote the stuff up a steep gangway and lug it around (with most of the elevators out of service) until the rooms become available at 1:30. And the buffet is awash with people and their "stuff" and room is not often available to store your "stuff".

For the cost of bottled water I'd much rather buy an insulated tumbler and fill up with the ship's water which I find pretty damn palpable. Besides all the ice you use all week comes from the same source as the water...as does coffee, and the scotch and water at the bar.

You may wish to try the free water on board. Then you won't have to lug the bottled water and also save $$$ since on a price per gallon basis bottled water is twice as expensive as gasoline now and also costs more than a gallon of milk.

I realize some people have developed an affinity for the bottled stuff but the ship water is probably as pure if not purer than the bottling plant's and certainly better than out of the tap at home.

Gas near me is $2.09 per gallon. A gallon of bottled water is $.89 plus $.10 CRV. Water is half the price, not double. :rolleyes:

I'm glad to read this. I was wondering if I could skip bringing water. I'd rather just bring Dh's cokes and not lug water on additionally.

That's good to know! We aren't huge fans of using a lot of little plastic bottles of water, but had heard the water on the ship wasn't great. Thanks for the info.

I'm glad to read this. I was wondering if I could skip bringing water. I'd rather just bring Dh's cokes and not lug water on additionally.

We think the water on board the ships is delicious. It actually has no flavor nor any aftertaste. Other than a few alcoholic beverages, ship water is all we drink.

That's good to know! We aren't huge fans of using a lot of little plastic bottles of water, but had heard the water on the ship wasn't great. Thanks for the info.

I like the water on board, and I had my ice bucket filled at least 2 times a day. I wouldn't pay or bring it on board.

• 2 weeks later...

Where do you live? A gallon of water costs 88 cents here and as of your posting gas was like $1.80.