Temporary VIFP

SandyBShores

I'm new to Carnival and just booked 2 cabins, interior and ocean suite. My reservation shows that I have 'temporary VIFP status'. I'm not even sure what VIFP status is, but I've seen posts here and it seems it's usually for frequent cruisers. Does anyone know how long the 'temporary' lasts, and also if I can benefit from any special perks, discounts, drink coupons, etc?

I'm new to Carnival and just booked 2 cabins, interior and ocean suite. My reservation shows that I have 'temporary VIFP status'. I'm not even sure what VIFP status is, but I've seen posts here and it seems it's usually for frequent cruisers. Does anyone know how long the 'temporary' lasts, and also if I can benefit from any special perks, discounts, drink coupons, etc?

Anyone can get that VIFP even if they did not ever sail.

http://www.carnival.com/loyalty/howitworks.aspx

With your first booking, you get a temporary status until you actually board the ship - this is just in case you cancel and don't sail. You will get a free bottle of water each sailing once you turn red (2nd cruise - 24 sail days), VIFP party for gold and above......really no big perks or discounts until you reach platinum/diamond status. Carnivals FAQ page will show you the different levels and how it works.

Edited by Rena921

Or you can buy the FTTF for 50 bucks per cabin and get the some of the same perks

Or you could say that plats/diamonds have the perk of FREE FTTF, whereas others have to pay for it. ;)

Edited by Rena921