Things to get done first day of cruise - epic?

AandBmom

I'm trying to get organized. Yes I'm type A personality. I want to get stuff checked off so I can relax the rest of the week.

Can you help me make a note of things to do first day?

1. Do I need to go to kids club and sign up first day?

2. Try to book posh passes if we want.

3. We've already looked into booking entertainment and specialty dining ahead.

4. We won't likely use the spa

5. Anything else to accomplish first day?

6. When can I book grand cayman tender times?

To do first day:

1. Put away lists, agenda and electronics.

2. Eat, drink and relax.[/quote

Absolutely I plan to do that right after I get organized and make sure we're booked for stuff we absolutely don't want to miss.

We've been on the Epic a lot. Love the ship.

I've never done the Posh or Vibe or Spa Pass

My kid cruised the Epic at ages 8, 9 & 10

If not in the Haven, this is my suggestion:

1. Board, if you must have one of the above passes, go directly to Guest Services

2. Go to the Kids Club and look around and register your kids before the crowds. Also get the Kids Weekly Itinerary

3. Find the Open Dining Room, not the Buffet where all the crew will try to direct you.

4. Sit down with your family, order a lunch and begin looking at all the Daily Paper given, Week at a Glance, and Kids Club Weekly. The dining room is generally not busy and it is nice to be able to sit, chat, so you can hear each other and make a little bit of a plan.

5. Sometime after 1 or 1:30, the cabins are generally ready so you can take your carry ons and drop them off and see where you will be sleeping for the cruise.

6. Now is when I might hit the Box Office, with the Weekly Flyer and set up the not to miss shows you want.

7. I'm not one who likes to make dinner reservations for specialty restaurants months, weeks or even Days in advance, but the one I generally make is the Teppanyaki. Other than that we make reservations the morning of the day we want and have always had luck. We are very flexible on our times though.

8. Tender Tickets are given out the morning of arrival to said port. If you book an excursion with the ship, your excursion ticket is your Tender Ticket!

As others have said, Sit back, have a drink, relax and have fun, you are on VACATION!!!!

Edited by djmess

Depending on whether or not you purchased a drink package you may or may not have to go and get a sticker applied to your card. On our new year cruise adults already had their beverage stickers on their cards but children in the same room did not have the soda stickers on their cards. I have also heard that this can be the case with the ultimate dining package as well.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forums mobile app

If it is holiday time so there are likely to be a lot of kids onboard then I'd go to the kids club very early as it can get busy there and you don't want to end up in a big queue to register.

It's always the first place we head to when we board, as it's nice to get that bit out of the way.

Edited by KeithJenner

Put passports, birth certificates, cash and other valuables in the safe.

Put phones on airplane mode.

Sometimes there is a tour of the ship listed on the schedule for the first day. Go to it if you are not familiar with the ship and want to know where things are without searching.

Pack swimsuits, flip flops, and a change of clothes in your carry-on if you want to swim or do waterslides while still in port. There will be little/no lines for slides so it's a nice time to go. Your luggage may not arrive for several hours so have them with you in case you need them.

Enjoy your cruise!

You can book your tender time to Grand Cayman the day before

I was able to do it even earlier than that. You can do it from that iconcierge app. You can go to the front desk. There was a touch screen by Taste that you could use. I think you can even do it from the TV