Vista's homeport will be Miami, SO.....

KPfromCT

lol. It was basically all but said beforehand anyway.

I hope they DO move the Breeze.....closer to NJ!!!

I would be THRILLED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I could deal with the 2 hour drive.:D:D

20 minutes from our back door to Port of Manhattan. I could deal with THAT too! :D;):p:cool:

I think breeze will go to Port Canaveral, Valor(or Sunshine :() will go to the west coast, while Miracle goes back to Tampa.

Carnival tried the NY market and it flopped, that is why they only so the seasonal runs.

Edited by vwrestler171

I think breeze will go to Port Canaveral, Valor(or Sunshine :() will go to the west coast, while Miracle goes back to Tampa.

Carnival tried the NY market and it flopped, that is why they only so the seasonal runs.

along that line of reasoning, carnival tried the west coast market with splendor and it did a big giant belly flop into the lido pool. they were giving away those cruises (sometimes literally) and had to sail around south america to reposition to more lucrative markets after a short tenure there. i sincerely doubt valor or sunshine will be see a west coast repo. further, they utilize miracle for the hawaii and alaska cruises, so i don't see it moving either in the immediate future.

the splendor NY cruises didn't 'flop' by any degree of the same measure. however, i believe the actual costs in terms of fuel, etc. are higher which made it perhaps less fiscally viable. however, fact of the matter is that the NY cruises were typically going for more than the west coast or over-saturated florida market - however, given proximity to the caribbean destinations, fixed costs are lower.

If you go to "Manage Your Booking" on the website and put in Vista you will see a drop down menu of sailing dates out through April 2017. Vista will be doing alternating 8 day and 6 day cruises, which is what Breeze is currently doing out of Miami so it looks like Vista will take over the current Breeze routes.

If you go to "Manage Your Booking" on the website and put in Vista you will see a drop down menu of sailing dates out through April 2017. Vista will be doing alternating 8 day and 6 day cruises, which is what Breeze is currently doing out of Miami so it looks like Vista will take over the current Breeze routes.

Didn't work for me...I am only seeing through Oct 2016. Where at under manage my cruise did you type the info in?

along that line of reasoning, carnival tried the west coast market with splendor and it did a big giant belly flop into the lido pool. they were giving away those cruises (sometimes literally) and had to sail around south america to reposition to more lucrative markets after a short tenure there. i sincerely doubt valor or sunshine will be see a west coast repo. further, they utilize miracle for the hawaii and alaska cruises, so i don't see it moving either in the immediate future.

the splendor NY cruises didn't 'flop' by any degree of the same measure. however, i believe the actual costs in terms of fuel, etc. are higher which made it perhaps less fiscally viable. however, fact of the matter is that the NY cruises were typically going for more than the west coast or over-saturated florida market - however, given proximity to the caribbean destinations, fixed costs are lower.

Legend is taking over the Alaska cruises this year. Miracles Mexican riviera cruises are still priced higher than most of the other cruises, plus they already have 2 smaller ships doing the shorter cruises and consistently sells them out. The Splendor failed out here because of the fire, and subsequent problems, along with the increase in crime in Mexico which resulted in Mazatlan being dropped from itineraries.

Tampa also needs a smaller ship to fit under the bridge.

I noticed this last night. If you also pull up Breeze and Magic, it shows sail dates through April, 2017. What's interesting is that both the Breeze and Magic are showing a sail date of November 27, 2016 (12 nights?), December 9, 2016 (2 nights), and December 11, 2016 (7 nights), followed by 7-day sailings after that, thru April, 2017. So it does appear that maybe Carnival will be doing some ship swapping and changes with the Breeze and Magic. What home ports still remains to be seen. Very interesting! :)

Didn't work for me...I am only seeing through Oct 2016. Where at under manage my cruise did you type the info in?

You have to log in and go to Manage my Booking. If you don't already have a cruise booked you will see a form asking for booking # and other info. Leave all of that blank and just use the drop-down menu to select the ship. Select Vista. Then use the drop down menu to select date. You will see a list of dates out through April 2017. If you do have a current cruise booked, click the tab to add a booking and follow those same steps.