Cheapest way to get from Seattle Airport to Cruise Port?

twokids0204

I had been reading negative yelp reviews of east side for hire, after I reserved with them Since there are many other options, I called to cancel last night. Despite the fact that I was staring at a confirmation email from them, they insisted they had no record of my reservation. I also pointed out that I had an auto-response from them when I made a post reservation inquiry (which was never followed up on). I asked, after speaking with a supervisor, if they could send me a confirmation of these facts and they refused. I was so frustrated that I sent an email to them detailing these complaints, but don't expect to hear from them. I am grateful to have found out first hand that the yelp reviews were not off base, and have added my own negative review. Pretty sad, considering I never actually used their service!

It takes about 5~7 minutes to walk from the bus stop (on top of the bridge) to the check-in building. Definitely do-able with luggage but much easier without (I only had backpack + camera bag).

Just came back from my cruise and thought everything went really smooth.

From airport to Pier 91

Made a phone reservation with EastSideForHire two days prior to trip. Once arrived, called w/ cell phone number (their confirmation number) to say we arrived and need pick up. Picked up by 2 cabs within 5~9 minutes. Got to Pier 91 within 30 minutes. $35 + tips per cab, no hassle. I would not hesitate to use them again, even without advanced reservation, as long as you have buffer room in your transportation time. Of course there could be contingencies but then you can always pay more and use Yellow Cab as a back-up.

From Pier 91 to airport

Had several hours to burn before needing to get to airport. Paid for Luggage Direct w/ HAL ($19.95/person, up to 3 luggage allowed for each) on the ship. Once we disembarked, we walked to the bus stop [Google Map helped as there was traffic everywhere as well as for transit info] on top of the Magnolia bridge. Took route 24 ($2.50/person) to Pike Place market, then got back on route 7 (bus pass valid from 8:30am - 1pm) to Chinatown for lunch. Afterwards walked to the International District light rail station to get on free shuttle to SODO station (they had maintenance and incomplete light rail service that weekend). Took Sound Light Rail to SeaTac airport ($3/person).

Again, as long as you allocate some buffer time for your transportation, taxi and public transportation really works well. We checked in 3 hours before flight departure (assume airport would not super busy but it wasn't) and had to wander aimlessly there.

I would agree with previous posters on this thread that with luggage it make sense to call a taxi but its so much cheaper (example: for a party of 2, we had a party of 6) to use public transit.

• 1 month later...

I know this is an old thread and the OP has resolved their issue, but I thought this would be helpful for future cruisers: Mericruiser's note about the taxi vans was very helpful. We didn't reserve any transportation option from SeaTac to port (actually, we reserved one but they were really unreliable and things felt off). Instead, we got in the cab line (took no time at all) and told them we needed a van for 6. The van we got was quite large, definitely the 8-10 range and had enough space for luggage. The fare came out to ~$45. I would recommend that anyone with a larger party skip multiple cabs and just ask for one large one.

http://www.seattleyellowcab.com

Seattle Yellow cab is located on airport. Per their web site:

"Our cab stands are located on the 3rd*floor of the north & south parking garages and almost always have a supply of waiting taxis. We*also have large 8-10 passenger vans available."

That sounds like your best option for a group of 6

Sent from my Nexus 7

http://www.seattleexpress.com has a list of pick up points at SEATAC and nearby hotels. They service both of the cruise embarcation piers in Seattle. The fare is $12 per person each way. You can reserve online or book by calling directly:

Matt Schmer

Seattle Express

206-793-8430

We are using them for our 2 week HAL Alaska cruise on 27 July. Very convenient from the Courtyard by Mariott Southcenter hotel that also gives 2 wks free parking. :)