beach suggestions?

belizabeth28

Just home from an awesome Eastern Carib cruise! We have done Orient, Dawn Beach, Maho, Phillipsburg.....but this trip Little Divi Bay. Perfect beach day! It cost us $5 per person each way and $15 for two new chairs and an umbrella. There was nice surf and a view of beautiful sail boats and catamarans passing by throughout the morning and early afternoon. There is a bar and grill, jet ski rental, boogie board rental, and snorkel equipment rental.

Edited by Magellan321

Have your taxi drop you off at Mullet Bay, which is right next door to Maho Beach. Spend the morning there and the walk over to Maho...which is about a 10-15 minute walk depending if you stop along the way for shopping/food/restrooms. It's really easy to do.

I have a complete review in my signature line with TONS of pictures of our day doing this last year. :)

I am considering one of these beaches for a day, nice sand, loungers and umbrellas, need the shade. Close proximity to a restaurant or beachside service. Honestly what is the most scenic and desirable for a peaceful day.

Thanks

Marcia

I am considering one of these beaches for a day, nice sand, loungers and umbrellas, need the shade. Close proximity to a restaurant or beachside service. Honestly what is the most scenic and desirable for a peaceful day.

Thanks

Marcia

The surf at Dawn is very rough....it's pretty but if you want to go in the water expect to get knocked around a bit. The surf at Divi Bay wasn't bad at all....you still had nice waves and the sound of the ocean without being knocked down and the view of the sailboats heading out on ship excursions passing by.

Just home from an awesome Eastern Carib cruise! We have done Orient, Dawn Beach, Maho, Phillipsburg.....but this trip Little Divi Bay. Perfect beach day! It cost us $5 per person each way and $15 for two new chairs and an umbrella. There was nice surf and a view of beautiful sail boats and catamarans passing by throughout the morning and early afternoon. There is a bar and grill, jet ski rental, boogie board rental, and snorkel equipment rental.

Fodors says this beach has gravelly sand which is why it is not as crowded. Any comment as to the sand quality you encountered?

Fodors says this beach has gravelly sand which is why it is not as crowded. Any comment as to the sand quality you encountered?

The beach at Divi had soft sand.....and I didn't even need my water shoes. Now if you go all the way to the left while looking at the ocean there is another small resort with there own kind of cove that had some rough patches.

The beach at Divi had soft sand.....and I didn't even need my water shoes. Now if you go all the way to the left while looking at the ocean there is another small resort with there own kind of cove that had some rough patches.

Thanks for the explanation. Sounds like a great beach.

The surf at Dawn is very rough....it's pretty but if you want to go in the water expect to get knocked around a bit. The surf at Divi Bay wasn't bad at all....you still had nice waves and the sound of the ocean without being knocked down and the view of the sailboats heading out on ship excursions passing by.

Thanks for all that you wrote about Divi! I think that we will be going there on our cruise this month

Yes, on rough days it takes a bit of care to go in the water - waves up to a foot or so before breaking can be challenging to people used only to calm water. But there are many days when Dawn is close to flat calm, and most days there is just a mild chop. Given the right conditions and wind direction, virtually every beach on the island, with the exception of Le Galion, can be "very rough".