Your time dining or set dining?

kmarie30

I like ATD because I can choose my time and keep the same waitstaff IF they are worth it and choose a different wait staff if I am not happy with the first waitstaff.

I prefer just a table with my family so seeing the same faces at my table is just not my thing.

never waited in any line at all

A few years ago we did a cruise with my sister's and their husbands. After the first nite they had us linked together. We didn't eat together every nite but when we did they sat us together. We just had to tell each nite if some weren't with us.

I was researching dining options. This time I will be traveling in a group of 7. I'm curious about any time dining? On the Dream do they place you in a specific dining room for ATD. I am Platinum and I usually prefer early dining, I don't like to miss the shows and the games shows. But my problem is one cabin is platinum and the other is not. Early dining is full on our cruise. So has anyone out there done the Dream recently using ATD with a larger group, how long was the wait times?

We were on the Dream this past April and had a group most nights. Some nights it was only 4-6, but other nights it ranged from 10-18. The only night we had to wait for maybe 15-20 minutes was formal night when we had 18 people. We were in the Crimson dining room on the lower level.

I was researching dining options. This time I will be traveling in a group of 7. I'm curious about any time dining? On the Dream do they place you in a specific dining room for ATD. I am Platinum and I usually prefer early dining, I don't like to miss the shows and the games shows. But my problem is one cabin is platinum and the other is not. Early dining is full on our cruise. So has anyone out there done the Dream recently using ATD with a larger group, how long was the wait times?

People on this board are the best, thanks for the info .

Set dining for us. The Waters anticipate your likes and dislikes, more attentive too. Our three this time were outstanding, made our cruise.

Breakfast which is like anytime was a bit hit and miss. Some long waits, missing items and at times impossible to get a coffee refill.

Is there set schedule for the dining room shows? I'm sure my family will enjoy them on the Dream. I would like to try to arrive around the first dining time. One cabin has 1st dining the second cabin doesn't. Apparently they link are reservations together but they cant link our dining. So I'm trying to figure this out. I'm afraid a table for 7 might cause a long wait for any time dining.

I travel solo and now use open seating. Never can tell if I'll want to go to MDR, Steakhouse or buffet depending on what's on the menu. I don't eat dessert for the most part so I leave after the entree. If I want to go see a show I can time it right. A lot of people would get an attitude if I didn't stay for dessert and coffee or leave to go to a show. On the Spirit class ships there is an area where the tables are not on top of each other.

Speaking only for me...I wouldn't CARE if someone we were arbitrarily sat with decided to leave the table at any time. My vacation is about ME and I can choose my schedule, so why can't someone else? What others choose to do on their vacation is their choice. I have traveled solo and been left at a table, totally solo, every once in a while. I just whip out my book and enjoy the meal or the rest of the meal...

We like early dining. We enjoy leisurely meals (1.5 - 2 hrs is fine with us) and we want to get good seats for the 8:00 shows. Also, if the kids want to eat at camp, they eat at 6:00. So with early dining, we all keep on the same feeding schedule.

On two cruises, we had a private table (parties of 7 and 5). When it was just the two if us, we sat with three other couples, and we had a great time with them. By the third night, after dinner we would all leave together to see the show or comedy together as a group and hang out together. We even wound up with one of the couples on a small group excursion, and doing that with them was nice.

My wife and I hope we dine with another group like this on the Pride in Jan

Edited by PrincessArlena'sDad

We have done early and late seating and will probably never do ATD. I do not want to wait in a line while I am on a cruise to eat, heck I don't like waiting at restaurants on land. We plan to be at dinner and then go to shows or the bars at certain times. I would hate to miss a show that I wanted to see because we had to wait in line for dinner.

Is there set schedule for the dining room shows? I'm sure my family will enjoy them on the Dream. I would like to try to arrive around the first dining time. One cabin has 1st dining the second cabin doesn't. Apparently they link are reservations together but they cant link our dining. So I'm trying to figure this out. I'm afraid a table for 7 might cause a long wait for any time dining.

Pretty sure if you have 1st dinning that you can't just show up for anytime dinning.