Hertz Downtown Miami Car return

Brandis

I know that the downtown Miami office of Hertz is a madhouse on cruise days if you want to rent from there.

But how about returning a car there on a cruise day? Any experiences? How bad is it? :-) Not sure if I rather should drop the car off at MIA, even though it's farther to get to the cruise port from there...

Thanks!

Marc

The Hertz location in downtown Miami is always packed with customers, especially on weekends. For some unknown reason that facility doesn't use handheld computer scanners when you return your vehicle. The workers give you a paper form that has the return vehicles mileage and the vehicles identification information. You then have to enter the regular customer service line in the office where you complete your transaction. I would return the rental vehicle at the Hertz location across from Miami International Airport and then pay the regular twenty four dollar taxi fare for transportation to the Port Of Miami. I have done it and it definitely saves time. Hertz should really consider moving to a bigger downtown Miami location and using the handheld computer scanners.

• 3 weeks later...

I had a pretty good experience on 2/15 dropping off my car. I pulled in around 1215pm dropped the family off with the luggage so they could wait in line for the shuttles. I took the car to the top deck of the garage where the rep checked the car. I took the elevator down and got in line in the office which was about 10 minutes as they do not have e-return. The rep checked me out and by the time I got outside two vans had arrived and they had loaded my family and luggage in the van and were waiting for me. We were the first people dropped off and were at Terminal B at 12:45.