What's Changing With Epic Entertainment

ronandannette

We're booked for our first trip on the Epic this fall. I caught something on the boards yesterday mentioning changes to the entertainment and read a press-release talking about the addition of a broadway-type production that will debut in October. The release didn't specifically mention Blue Man or Cirque. We're sailing in early September. Anybody know what we can expect?

Blue Man is listed as Caribbean itinerary entertainment. I read that to mean it's being replaced (as of my TA, April 19) by Burn the Floor. As you read in the press release, other shows will start after dry dock. Cirque appears to be available on the TA. Beyond that, I have no info.

Thanks, Carol and Keith. That info is pretty detailed.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Edited by Rhea98

Blue Man is listed as Caribbean itinerary entertainment. I read that to mean it's being replaced (as of my TA, April 19) by Burn the Floor. As you read in the press release, other shows will start after dry dock. Cirque appears to be available on the TA. Beyond that, I have no info.

Thanks, Carol and Keith. That info is pretty detailed.

As far as I'm aware Cirque isn't changing at all.

Basically, the Blue Men Group finish in April and are replaced by the dance show. In October Legends finished and is replaced with something called Priscilla and at the same time, Fat Cats becomes the Cavern Club.

Isn't Burn the Floor already happening? Does this just mean they're eliminating Blue Man? Being as I've never seen it, I'm not sure if this is a loss or not - we did plan to attend it. We're "classic" cruisers and like a production show every night. I'm not quite clear on how the entertainment roster on the Epic works. (A little OT, but could you also please tell me if we can expect movies to be played on the big screen in Spice? Love outdoor evening movies!)

Edited by ronandannette

Isn't Burn the Floor already happening? Does this just mean they're eliminating Blue Man? Being as I've never seen it, I'm not sure if this is a loss or not - we did plan to attend it. We're "classic" cruisers and like a production show every night. I'm not quite clear on how the entertainment roster on the Epic works.

I've not been on the Epic since last May, but Burn the Floor has never been there when we've been onboard (Med only). I thought it was new with the Breakaway.

According to the link above the dance show coming to the Epic is Ballroom Blitz. No mention of Burn the Floor.

I've not been on the Epic since last May, but Burn the Floor has never been there when we've been onboard (Med only). I thought it was new with the Breakaway.

According to the link above the dance show coming to the Epic is Ballroom Blitz. No mention of Burn the Floor.

http://www.ncl.com/nclweb/pressroom/pressRelease.html?storyCode=PR_111714

Blue Man Group is ending end of March. The last two Caribbean sailings, we are still waiting to see what they are replacing them with. We've heard conflicting info that Burn the Floor will be on those last 2 sailings but the press release says different. Glad we had the opportunity to rebook and get the UBP promo as it may be our entertainment replacement! :eek:

It's odd it isn't mentioned in the other link isn't it. Is Ballroom Blitz and Burn the Floor the same thing?

Not that I'm bothered. I have zero interest in watching dancing. I'm being dragged to Burn the Floor on the Getaway so hopefully the rest of the family won't be fussed when we are next on the Epic.

idk, Keith. Reading it, I thought perhaps Ballroom Blitz would replace BTF after dry dock. We'll be on the TA, and will miss Blue Man Group-but have seen it twice on Epic. I like musicals but never got into dance as a spectator sport (very popular on USA TV. Don't know about elsewhere).

Isn't Burn the Floor already happening? Does this just mean they're eliminating Blue Man? Being as I've never seen it, I'm not sure if this is a loss or not - we did plan to attend it. We're "classic" cruisers and like a production show every night. I'm not quite clear on how the entertainment roster on the Epic works. (A little OT, but could you also please tell me if we can expect movies to be played on the big screen in Spice? Love outdoor evening movies!)

Blue Man Group if you have never seen it is an AMAZING show. I saw them in Vegas and on the Epic and the Epic show was the full Vegas show and was done VERY well. I think this is a big loss for the Epic and the replacement shows sound terrible to me.

6&8

I'm sorry, but you're gonna have to help me out with the meaning of BTF. I'm sure it's obvious, but I can't figure it out. I googled and found that BTF is Boulder Total Return Fund on the NYSE, but you probably don't mean that. It also can stand for Brain Trust Fund, but it's probably not that either...

I'm sorry, but you're gonna have to help me out with the meaning of BTF. I'm sure it's obvious, but I can't figure it out. I googled and found that BTF is Boulder Total Return Fund on the NYSE, but you probably don't mean that. It also can stand for Brain Trust Fund, but it's probably not that either...

Burn The Floor

BTF = Burn the Floor

It's odd it isn't mentioned in the other link isn't it. Is Ballroom Blitz and Burn the Floor the same thing?

Not that I'm bothered. I have zero interest in watching dancing. I'm being dragged to Burn the Floor on the Getaway so hopefully the rest of the family won't be fussed when we are next on the Epic.

Oh dear poor Keith. It's not good... Make sure you get extra drinks before the theatre bar shuts :)

We were on the Epic back in 2010 when it first came out and I can honestly say that we booked this cruise because they were going to be the entertainment. I had always wanted to see Blue Man but they are so darn expensive to see on land.

I have to say that I wasn't disappointed. It was amazing and it really sucks that they are leaving. I was going to book the Epic for April just to sail it one last time before it leaves the US...and then found this out. (No, we like the Epic for a lot of other reasons too, but just saying...)

I had always hoped that they would do something on one of their other ships like the Blue Man. I always thought it would be nice to have a show like "stomp" on there. :D

We were on the Epic back in 2010 when it first came out and I can honestly say that we booked this cruise because they were going to be the entertainment. I had always wanted to see Blue Man but they are so darn expensive to see on land.

I have to say that I wasn't disappointed. It was amazing and it really sucks that they are leaving. I was going to book the Epic for April just to sail it one last time before it leaves the US...and then found this out. (No, we like the Epic for a lot of other reasons too, but just saying...)

I had always hoped that they would do something on one of their other ships like the Blue Man. I always thought it would be nice to have a show like "stomp" on there. :D

That would be fun! Stomp! is one of those shows (like BMG) that we find intriguing but have never gotten around to seeing on land.