~*Fantasy Review with pics (1/28/15)*~

swalton85

I was very apprehensive about going on a smaller and older ship. There were things we wish the ship had like a bar in Serenity and more public bathrooms. She doesn't show her age at all and we loved the pool area (especially at night with the color changing lights). Being smaller also meant less walking since our room was fwd and everything was aft or mid that we went to. We really love the Spirit class, but Fantasy could be a future contender for us if the price is right! :p I'm glad the Pride is coming back to Baltimore with her 2.0 upgrades and only an hr drive to port though!:D

When you check in with the hotel they figure out your pickup time. We were told he usually does pickups at 10:30. The driver's name was Nathaniel and he was a very nice guy! We were the first group onto the ship. Leaving at 10:30 was perfect I think.

As far as him picking you up, he takes down your name and cell phone number and gives you a call in the morning once the ship docks. You then let him know when you expect to be getting off so he has an idea of when to get there. Once you clear customs give him a call and he'll be there waiting in the taxi/limo shuttle area. Very simple! He took us right to the airport instead of back to the hotel. We did self assist debark and carried off our luggage. Our deck was to debark at 8 am. We were in his car by 8:20. Extremely easy! :)

Thank you so much. You have been very helpful. I really appreciate all the help. Did you like the hotel? I sure hope the weather is warm. We live in Maryland and I am so tired of the cold already.

Thank you so much. You have been very helpful. I really appreciate all the help. Did you like the hotel? I sure hope the weather is warm. We live in Maryland and I am so tired of the cold already.

The hotel was very nice. Clean, modern and staff was very friendly. Breakfast was also good as well.

our temps were in the mid 70s when we went. Much better than PA! :) just being in the sunshine felt great!

The hotel was very nice. Clean, modern and staff was very friendly. Breakfast was also good as well.

our temps were in the mid 70s when we went. Much better than PA! :) just being in the sunshine felt great!

I would love it to be in the 80s but I know that is wishful thinking. I know PA has had there share of cold and snow. My son lives in Philly.

Thanks again for all the great information. I was wondering about everything I asked and you did a great job answering and helping me out. Have a great weekend.

I would love it to be in the 80s but I know that is wishful thinking. I know PA has had there share of cold and snow. My son lives in Philly.

Thanks again for all the great information. I was wondering about everything I asked and you did a great job answering and helping me out. Have a great weekend.

you're very welcome! :) have a great cruise!!

The Fantasy was our first cruise Jan 2014. We had an amazing time. Ports of call were Nausau, Half Moon Cay and Grand Turk. Just went on the Sunshine Jan 2015 it was ok. It was a nice ship but to big I think. Ports of call were Cozumel, Roatan (favorite port), Belize and Cost Maya. Lets just say the Bahamas was much better than the Western Carribean.

Edited by Virgncruiser

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks so much for the review that shows all the sights of fantasy and the ports visited. We will be sailing her with our family including our children and their spouses along with the grandchildren in March of 2016. Specifically chose Fantasy as we can all drive to port and save on airfare. Plus ship is smaller in size and easier to get around.

• 3 months later...