Behind the Ship Tour on the Eclipse - 14 day Southern Cruise

Ncsblj6430

The tour is called Celebrity Inside Access and covers bridge, theater, engine control room, moring deck, crew facilites, store and prep room plus a wine paired luncheon at Tuscan Grille. It´s 150 Dollar/person. Sign up was at guest relations or the concierge (for suite guests).

I didn´t do it but I picked up the flyer at guest relations (on our Jan 4th cruise on the Eclipse). It states clearly:

no wheelchairs, scooters or walkers access

steamboats

I was just on the 14 day southern Caribbean on Eclipse, and took the inside access tour. Definitely not wheelchair accessible, or for any similar type of physical disability. Lots of stairs, stepping high up to get through watertight doors, etc. It was given once, and limited to about 15 people. I signed up at Guest Relations.

The tour is called Celebrity Inside Access and covers bridge, theater, engine control room, moring deck, crew facilites, store and prep room plus a wine paired luncheon at Tuscan Grille. It´s 150 Dollar/person. Sign up was at guest relations or the concierge (for suite guests).

I didn´t do it but I picked up the flyer at guest relations (on our Jan 4th cruise on the Eclipse). It states clearly:

steamboats

Steamboats, Thanks for the information.

I was just on the 14 day southern Caribbean on Eclipse, and took the inside access tour. Definitely not wheelchair accessible, or for any similar type of physical disability. Lots of stairs, stepping high up to get through watertight doors, etc. It was given once, and limited to about 15 people. I signed up at Guest Relations.

Thanks for information.

I was just on the 14 day southern Caribbean on Eclipse, and took the inside access tour. <snip> It was given once, and limited to about 15 people. I signed up at Guest Relations.

Thanks to everyone for all this helpful information - we hope to do this tour on the Equinox in April.

If more than 15 people express interest in the tour, is there a lottery to select the participants, or do only the first 15 lucky souls to sign up get to go?

Edited by MarKay525

Thanks to everyone for all this helpful information - we hope to do this tour on the Equinox in April.

If more than 15 people express interest in the tour, is there a lottery to select the participants, or do only the first 15 lucky souls to sign up get to go?

Don't know what happens if too many people try to sign up, but I can tell you that when I signed up around day 3 (out of 14), they told me that the tour would only happen if enough people signed up. They didn't notify me that the tour would in fact occur until the morning of day 11 (by phone), the invitation card arrived that evening, and the tour happened on day 13. I don't know if it took that long for the tour to fill up, or if they just didn't get around to notifying us sooner. It's also possible that they waited since I'm sure they only give the tour on sea days, the last two of which occur at the end of the cruise (I'd love to be a fly on the wall on the bridge during docking, but no way they'd allow that). The tour is definitely worth it. I was particularly interested in the bridge (which included the port wing control area) and the ECR (Engine Control Room). I also found the mooring area and crew areas interesting. I didn't find the MDR galley all that interesting, but I know some people definitely did.

Don't know what happens if too many people try to sign up, but I can tell you that when I signed up around day 3 (out of 14), they told me that the tour would only happen if enough people signed up. They didn't notify me that the tour would in fact occur until the morning of day 11 (by phone), the invitation card arrived that evening, and the tour happened on day 13. <snip>.

They are doing the tour on sea days only and I remember seeing them doing it at least twice on the last two sea days on our Jan 4th cruise on the Eclipse.

steamboats

Thanks so much - good to know.

Edited by MarKay525

We are wanting to do a "behind the ship tour" on a 14 day cruise on the Eclipse? Can anyone tell me if they do them and the cost? Where do you made reservation if so and is it wheelchair accessible?

It was free when we did it last year.The bridge tour was offered free of charge to CC members. I'd check to see if it can be done.

keithm,

No, it´s not free. The tour I´ve described is a roughly 3 hours tour.

The Galley tour is free for everyone. Captain´s Club members are invited to the Backstage Tour of the theater. Selected people are invited to a bridge tour (don´t ask me how the do select those participants). But those are single events and not the whole tour which includes more than this.

steamboats

If you are doing the behind the scenes tour, go to Guest Relations soon after you embark and sign up. They only take about 15 and it fills up quickly. I tried the second day to sign up on a recent Reflection cruise and it was already too late.

• 3 weeks later...

steamboats

We signed up last year on the Equinox. It was $150/person. We were supposed to go to the helipad, but did not. Our "lunch" was the MDR, no special menu.

There were about 20 on our tour. Definitely NOT wheel chair friendly. Lots of steep and narrow stairways.