Summit Cabin # 6035--found it in the secrets thread

theduffys

Changed our cabin on the Summit from 7049 to 6035 after finding the pics of the double depth balconies. I know that the cabin above can look down on the front half but feel that is a small price to pay for the extra space. Anyone else stayed in one of these forward cabins?

We were in #6035 on the Constellation back in March...

If you like large Balconies, you've got the right cabin...

Yeah, everyone can see the front half of your balcony...they're watching you with jealousy...

No nude sunbathing, of course...

But would you on any balcony? Remember, from 6035 you also have a great view of everyone else's balcony!

We have 6053 booked on Millennium. How does 6035 differ? It looks like the 6053 has a bump out and a larger balcony. True?

Here's the story...

The published deck plans are "not to scale"...There's a major error on the shape of Deck 6...When you look at the deck plans, it looks like the balcony edges are all aligned...BUT, look at a photo of any M-Class ship, you will see that right in front of the lifeboats, the shape of the ship juts out beyond the far edge of the lifeboats...That first cabin in front of the lifeboats (which are actually below deck 6) is #6035...There are EIGHT forward 2C cabins on either side of Deck 6 that have balconies that extend out to that line...The same is NOT true on Decks 7, 8 and 9...Only Deck Six...First 8 balcony cabins either side...

The cabin itself is the same size as the other 2Cs, the extra space is ALL Balcony...

6053 is an "ordinary" 2C with the standard sized balcony...

We have 6053 booked on Millennium. How does 6035 differ? It looks like the 6053 has a bump out and a larger balcony. True?

6053, and all the other angled balconies are slightly bigger than standard, but I don't think it is as large as the balcony in 6035. The deck diagrams are not always accurate.

Yes-the 2C cabins with the double size balconies are 6030 down to 6016 on the Starboard side and 6035 down to 6021 or the Port side. I am really thrilled that we discovered this and could book one. I know that being all the way forward means a lot of walking for us but, with all the food we plan to eat, the exercise will be good for us:p

We were in 6053 on the Connie last year and the balcony is angled and much larger than standard. I would say that the area is about 2 and a half to 3 times standard. If you stand at the railing you can look into some of the other balconies and they can see you. We loved this cabin and will book it again if we get the chance.

• 9 years later...
We have gone for it!!! It really does seem to us to be the best balcony "deal" around. Since this is for a cruise to Hawaii, I think it will get a lot of use from us.

Are you sure you're on the Summit as I didn't think that went to Hawaii but stayed in the Caribbean, Bermuda and Canada/New England. Could you possibly mean the Solstice? Might want to double check on the cabin then since its going from an M Class ship to an S Class ship don't know if the S Class has the same deep balconies on deck 6.

Are you sure you're on the Summit as I didn't think that went to Hawaii but stayed in the Caribbean, Bermuda and Canada/New England. Could you possibly mean the Solstice? Might want to double check on the cabin then since its going from an M Class ship to an S Class ship don't know if the S Class has the same deep balconies on deck 6.

The Summit definitely does NOT go to Hawaii.

The Millenium goes to Hawaii (at least one sailing in 2016) - perhaps that was the ship they meant? The other ship going to Hawaii doesn't have those "Sweet 16" cabins.

Edited by DinaS

On the m-class, people call them the sweet 16, as they are the first 8 on each side of deck 6. We have stayed in them a few times, including 6035 and love them. The location is actually really convenient as you are close to the front stairwell. We have a few cruises booked on the Summit and we are in 6035 for all of them! We love that room.

suekay,

you have pulled up a thread that is about nine years old now, always a chancy thing on boards like these, as information goes so out of date so quickly. And, your link will not work because it references a travel agency website, which violates Cruise Critic rules.

Oops! That will teach me to check the date of a thread after finding it on Google:o Sorry to anybody I've misled.

But I didn't realise the website I posted was a travel agency. .....it doesnt appear to sell anything, just seems to be a website where cruisers can post photos of cabins