Pedicure

Texsungirl

O.K. Fashionistas, I have a delima. For my pre-cruise pedi should I go with a nice french pedicure or a dramatic red polish?

Typically, I still with a very neutral pale color but since it is cruise time I figured what the heck.

What do you think?

I vote for dramatic! I am a very conservative dresser and wear the palest nail polish on my hands that I can, but for some reason, I go wild with my cruise pedicure! I guess it's because it is usually the dead of winter and I love to wear all my sandals and a bright color just perks me right up!!;) All summer, I go with a little color (more than my hands) but still a more natural color (if there is such a thing as a natural color nail polish!!) Have fun!

Judy

I think it depends on your skintone. If you're dark and think you'll get a tan, the pale or tropical colors are nice.

Personally, I'm a big fan of red toe nails. I have very white/pale skin and the red toes-ies look so darn cute! (my DH says so!) I use OPI's Kenne-Bunk Port, which is a darkish red, but not too brownish/burgundy which doesn't look well against my skin.

For my hands, I always use a pale color - with names like marshmallow, linen or ballet slippers. I like red fingernails, but the upkeep is too hard for me. I chip my polish too much, and there's nothing worse than chipped red polish. Ugh!

Jane

I take a couple of bottles of polish and some remover wipies with me when I cruise. If I'm wearing open-toed sandals, I change my polish during the day for whatever formal gown I'm wearing. It only takes a few minutes and looks fresh and coordinated.

At home, I tend to wear something darker or brighter than just neutral for the toes and I do not change it often. However, I recently saw in a ladies magazine that female celebs are wearing neutrals and sheer pinks on their toes and I tried it. With white sandals, it looked very feminine.

OT: BJBoothman- I just love your avatar! Every time I see it, it makes me smile. :)

Personally, I'm a big fan of red toe nails. I have very white/pale skin and the red toes-ies look so darn cute! (my DH says so!) I use OPI's Kenne-Bunk Port, which is a darkish red, but not too brownish/burgundy which doesn't look well against my skin.

I wear KenneBunk Port, too! Small world...

I wear KenneBunk Port, too! Small world...

Last year I heard that OPI was going to discontinue that color and I panic'ed because it's my favorite red. So I ran to few stores and no one had it, til I finally found 3 bottles which I have "stockpiled". I think they probably got too many protests, because I'm seeing it around again.

It's such a perfect red for me.....not too dark and not too bright.

Jane

I think it depends on your skintone. If you're dark and think you'll get a tan, the pale or tropical colors are nice.

For my hands, I always use a pale color - with names like marshmallow, linen or ballet slippers. I like red fingernails, but the upkeep is too hard for me. I chip my polish too much, and there's nothing worse than chipped red polish. Ugh!

Jane

Jane

Have you tried OPI's Chip Skip? It's supposed to help the chipping, but it doesn't for me. But I don't pamper my nails! Pulling weeds without garden gloves isn't the greatest thing for a manicure!

Adn you're right about skin tone. I tan easily even though I'm blond, and red polish is horrible on me. It stands out. I love a rose or nice pink. At the moment Essie's Curve Ball is my favorite.

Esther

Jane

Have you tried OPI's Chip Skip? It's supposed to help the chipping, but it doesn't for me.

Esther

Yes, I use it and find that it does help, but polish will still wear off at the edges just from all the things I do and so is still too high maintainence for me.

Jane

I had to laugh as I also prefer red on toes and Essie's "ballet slipper" on my hands. I don't ever do the matchy matchy with nail polish.

I will occasionally opt for a french on my toes, just for a change of pace.

I had to laugh as I also prefer red on toes and Essie's "ballet slipper" on my hands. I don't ever do the matchy matchy with nail polish.

so we'll be the mani/pedi "matchy matchy" girls! LOL!!!

Jane

For a nice neutral color, try Opi's Tie The Knot.

I love OPI. I go back and forth between Galapaghost and TuTu Pink during the 3 month window I have at work to wear sandals. I guess since it is such a big deal for us to wear open toe shoes, that I feel like I have to remain on the more neutral level.

I feel a nice red will do the trick!

Thanks to all of you!

I love OPI. I go back and forth between Galapaghost and TuTu Pink during the 3 month window I have at work to wear sandals. I guess since it is such a big deal for us to wear open toe shoes, that I feel like I have to remain on the more neutral level.

I feel a nice red will do the trick!

Thanks to all of you!

Michelle,

Well, if you have to wear neutral to work, then RED is *definitely* the answer for your cruise! :D

Have a great cruise twinkle toes!

Jane

I don't like French Manicures anymore, I am starting to think they are going the way of the Bouffant hairdo. The only problem I have is red won't work for me. I am wearing pink twice on the cruise and my toes will show. Now what color do I pick? I am also wearing red two nights.

I have always worn a nice red on my toes and a soft french on my hands - I type all day long and cannot keep up with the darker colors on my fingers (although I do like them). Last week I did a pedicure with a french and absolutely love it. It makes my feet look so clean and natural only more noticable than bare toenails. I have a nice tan right now and am not sure what it would look like on pale white skin. :rolleyes:

Last week I did a pedicure with a french and absolutely love it. It makes my feet look so clean and natural only more noticable than bare toenails. I have a nice tan right now and am not sure what it would look like on pale white skin. :rolleyes:

Awful!

Jane (w/ pale white skin)

I have to have matching toe nails and fingernails(I have acrylic over my nails). I usually wear a french manicure at all times. Usually when I head to florida to the beach, I go with the bright colors. Do you think it will ok to wear the bright colors on both the fingernails and toes? I will not be doing the main dining room at all so I am not worried about it matching certain outfits. Just curious..

Archived