Pedicure

Texsungirl

i too vote for dramatic toes :) it's so much fun when you look towards the end of your lounge chair by the pool and notice your toes match your froo froo drink ;) i am doing a really bright fushia , but it sort of has red tones, so it pretty much looks red or pink, depending on what i am wearing. nails will be bare, even with neutrals, mine always chip 5 minutes after a manicure, and i HATE chipped polish on my own fingers, cuz i am always tempted to pick at it (nasty habit)!

i dont know how adventurous you are but you can get what my salon calls a funky french. they take 2 completely wild colors and do french on the toes (bright pink with orange tips etc) some look really cool.

i'm a big fan of the french with opi's "rosy future". its a irredecent purply/pink. sheer though. i get that, with white tips, and then a very small line of sparkle underneath the white. looks great when you are very tan.

For all those with pale skin I have a solution. I was suffering from odd tan lines. I am a triathlete (OK I am slow and fat but I am doing it) and have odd tan lines. Stops at my ankles from my socks, my mid thigh from bike and running shorts and my hands are not tan because of my bike gloves. I started using Jergens tanning mousterizer and you cannot see a demarkation line at my ankles, thighs or hands anymore. You can see where my watch sits but I do everything with my watch on so I am not surprised there. There is no wierd dark spots either cause it happens so gradually.

Your profile doesn't show us where you live, but if you're in or near a major city, pedicures and manicures are much cheaper at home than on a cruise ship.

All cruise ships are different, but I think I remember pedicures being in the $50. range and manicures being in the $25. range aboard ship spa's.

Here in NYC I pay $35. total for a mani/pedi combo. I can find them for as little as $21. if I want to shop around.

Also, on a ship, you may not get the appt. you want or might have to take time away from another acitivity in order to have it done.

My recommendation is to have it done at home before you set sail.

Jane

I second Jane about having it done at home. You then control the price and work quality. Ijust had both done yesterday (DD is getting married today at 5 pm) for $36 + tip. That included the charges for a patch and one tip (had nail problems at work last week).

Also, I would not want to miss any activity or veg time to sit in the salon for 1 1/2 hours +. I prgram mine pre-cruise manicure/pedicure for the late afternoon/eve before leaving, after my house is cleaned and then we do dinner out so no dishes or kitchen mess.

• 3 weeks later...

i'm a big fan of the french with opi's "rosy future". its a irredecent purply/pink. sheer though. i get that, with white tips, and then a very small line of sparkle underneath the white. looks great when you are very tan.

Hi. I wanted to say thanks!!! I took your advice and ordered the OPI "Rosy Future" off of Ebay because none of the salons I called had it. The polish came in today and it is really pretty. I leave next week for my cruise and will go have my nails and pedicure done on Friday. Do you have the sparkle put on your finger nails too or just the toes? Thanks again for your suggestion. I am excited to see how it turns out especially since I have been laying in my tanning bed every night and my tan is looking nice too.:)

Archived