Forward Cabin? Should I switch?

My First cruise with Royal Carribean, going on Allure of the Seas, I am in the very forward of the Ship. and Ociean View cabin Deck 11. F - 11102.

I asked for a Mid ship room. knowing forward cabins are usually rockier. When I finally looked at this not just a little forward BUT the ocean view actually Faces the front of the Ship!

I called to have this room changed but the agent said this ship is so Huge that this room is actually desirable. it does no have the usual issues you may find on another smaller ship with movement. (by the way my wife and I are not the type to get sea sick)

So has anyone experienced these cabins. should I change? We actually usually take an inside cabin because one we are never in our cabins and when we are it is only to sleep and we like it black

We often have forward cabins. Those that look out over the bow have a GREAT view! We haven't noticed excessive motion, but we are not the type to get sea sick. Our experience is that the forward elevators are not as busy as the aft bank of elevators, possibly since the main dining rooms are to the aft.

Enjoy the view of your forward facing cabin!

My opinion, the so-called experts are wrong. Seas have to be very, very rough for anyone to notice a difference. The ship rocks side-to-side most of the time, not up-and-down; so being higher will make your ride worse.

We love forward cabins near the elevators. The forward elevators are usually quieter. My two cents.

My First cruise with Royal Carribean, going on Allure of the Seas, I am in the very forward of the Ship. and Ociean View cabin Deck 11. F - 11102.

I asked for a Mid ship room. knowing forward cabins are usually rockier. When I finally looked at this not just a little forward BUT the ocean view actually Faces the front of the Ship!

I called to have this room changed but the agent said this ship is so Huge that this room is actually desirable. it does no have the usual issues you may find on another smaller ship with movement. (by the way my wife and I are not the type to get sea sick)

So has anyone experienced these cabins. should I change? We actually usually take an inside cabin because one we are never in our cabins and when we are it is only to sleep and we like it black

That ship is so huge, I'd be amazed if you felt any waves or rocking at all. I didn't even feel like I was on a ship when I was on Allure; just felt like walking on land (granted, the seas were pretty calm that week). With that said, you're still better off being forward than aft in terms of avoidng sea sickness.

Although I agree with the previous post that it can make for some serious hiking exercise to get anywhere :)

. (by the way my wife and I are not the type to get sea sick)

... we are never in our cabins and when we are it is only to sleep and we like it black

So remind us, specifically why you are complaining?

We just spent three weeks on Navigator and had a front deck 12 Panoramic OV at the very front. Roughest seas we had was maybe with 10 feet waves and motion wasn't a problem. :)

Even once when we were repositioning from Vancouver to LA via Alaska on Radiance in very front deck 9 cabin through very rough seas with 30 - 40 ft wave at top speed (24-25 knots) in the open Pacific we joked how much more fun and interesting it was in our inside cabin with the motion.:D

So remind us, specifically why you are complaining?

Sorry if I came across as complaining did not mean to offend.

I am Not such a seasoned cruiser as some. I have "heard" that the Forward of the ship is "wavier" "rockier" "bouncier". I personally have never had a Cabin in the forward, always in the Mid ship. That is why i was asking. Every time I booked the person I am booking with says Mid Ship is always the best.

Thats is why I decided to ask on this forum.

My opinion, the so-called experts are wrong. Seas have to be very, very rough for anyone to notice a difference. The ship rocks side-to-side most of the time, not up-and-down; so being higher will make your ride worse.

We love forward cabins near the elevators. The forward elevators are usually quieter. My two cents.

Thank you for the Feed back!

I really appreciate everyone reply and feed back. :) this is why I joined this site. We are hooked and with the exception of ehfl everyone gave advice, experience and encouragement. We only have 6 cruises under our belts and look forward to many more.

Edited by Dan-O-Mite

We had Room 12544 which is rather close to yours during a Western intinery. After Cozumel the seas were a little rough, but we did not feel a lot of rocking. It was more side to side, which we felt even in the Promanade. I think that the cabin you have would be a great one as it will have an excellent view.

If you don't get seasick, I wouldn't worry.

On our first cruise we had a room on Radiance that was right up front on deck 7 (I think). Overlooked the helipad.

The ONLY morning I had a problem was the morning after we went out of the Inside Passage. And I already suspected that I was brand-newly pregnant. By noon I felt better. I'll never know if it was the seas or the baby.

Anyway, if you're not seasick people, don't worry about it.

IF you get a little nauseated, my MIL says that slices of green apple dipped in salt worked the trick for her on HAL on her first (and possibly only) cruise. She didn't even know she was feeling sick, and the dinner server noticed her getting a bit green and brought those two things to her. She ate them and felt a million times better.

We were on Oasis on Deck 10 in one of the front staterooms and loved it! Lots of space and very light with the large window offering great views. No problems with motion at all even in the Bay of Biscay, which is notorious for heavy seas. It's not close to the elevators but we didn't find that an issue. We need the exercise!