Deployment Schedule 2016-2017. Let the guessing begin

Cruzin-K

[quote name='Paulette3028']A love the wild pitch idea......that is much more unexpected than a curve ball, which often is the right pitch in the right situation.[/QUOTE]

At this point it feels like a knuckler!!!

[quote name='Henners']Independence and Navigator have been put on cruise ports in Europe for 2016, previously it was Anthem and Adventure[/QUOTE]

Looks like Indy will be back in Southampton again.

Unlike others, I don't have a specific cruise or a specific port that I am looking forward to.....but I am looking forward to seeing the overall changes that will occur as new ships are ready to sail and how Royal is going to handle the ships leaving the fleet.

With Her Majesty and Splendour now leaving the fleet in 2016, lots of new things for cruisers hopefully to enjoy. Change is good....waiting for the information on the changes is hard.

As we learned last year, nothing is set in stone, even after routes are released. No one predicted last year deployments.

Actually, except for the Quantum deployment, last season was quite easy to predict for me as the port schedules were fairly accurate.

People talked about Quantum year round in NYC, but those cruises were never deployed, nor was Quantum ever booked at the ports on the port schedules.

There were no re-deployments after they released last years schedules to my knowledge.

This season they have Vision in Europe found just a few weeks ago when Splendour disappeared from Dubrovnik, but then have her booked on an updated Key West schedule taking Majesty's place.

They have Indy booked at Grand Cayman all the way until 2017 still, while they just replaced Anthem with her at all the ports called upon from Southampton several weeks ago.

They clearly have Brilliance booked on the 12 night Barcelona sailings, although she shows up on all the updated ports from Harwick and in updated Reykjavik on a TA that probably wont happen.

While Adventure from Southampton was replaced several weeks ago on most port schedules from Southampton with Navigator, they still have Adventure booked all over Norway and northern Europe.

So, the amount of 'disorder' in their port bookings is unusual this year in my opinion.

Actually, except for the Quantum deployment, last season was quite easy to predict for me as the port schedules were fairly accurate.

People talked about Quantum year round in NYC, but those cruises were never deployed, nor was Quantum ever booked at the ports on the port schedules.

There were no re-deployments after they released last years schedules to my knowledge.

This season they have Vision in Europe found just a few weeks ago when Splendour disappeared from Dubrovnik, but then have her booked on an updated Key West schedule taking Majesty's place.

They have Indy booked at Grand Cayman all the way until 2017 still, while they just replaced Anthem with her at all the ports called upon from Southampton several weeks ago.

They clearly have Brilliance booked on the 12 night Barcelona sailings, although she shows up on all the updated ports from Harwick and in updated Reykjavik on a TA that probably wont happen.

While Adventure from Southampton was replaced several weeks ago on most port schedules from Southampton with Navigator, they still have Adventure booked all over Norway and northern Europe.

So, the amount of 'disorder' in their port bookings is unusual this year in my opinion.

I wonder if perhaps Royal will just put out a '6 or 9 month' extension to the current deployments rather than something much longer.

Right now the schedule is out to April 2016.....it is conceivable that they only release cruises to complete the calendar year 2016; then sometime later in 2015 release 2017.

I know that would be greeted with great dislike by cruisers, but I wonder if the recent sale of Splendour may have put their mid-range plans into a little jumble.

I wonder if perhaps Royal will just put out a '6 or 9 month' extension to the current deployments rather than something much longer.

Right now the schedule is out to April 2016.....it is conceivable that they only release cruises to complete the calendar year 2016; then sometime later in 2015 release 2017.

I know that would be greeted with great dislike by cruisers, but I wonder if the recent sale of Splendour may have put their mid-range plans into a little jumble.

I think they have a lot of data they are analyzing. I feel they will release a full deployment.

I am betting they have a very good idea of what they are doing strategically and I think the delay is actually the fact that with deployments through April 2017, they actually have to consider deployments through 2018 as the ships have to be lined up for those future deployments as well.

In fact, when they made the Vision bookings from Miami at Key West, they actually booked all the way through the end of 2017 and not just through April.

Ovation of the Seas has been added to the pop down menu Marina Bay Cruise Terminal Singapore.

http://mbccs.com.sg/index.php

Very interesting. Did not expect to see another quantum class this far. Maybe quantum to leave after a while and then ovation/anthem coming in to replace?

IMHO i think it would most likely be ovation not anthem, seeing as anthem is being based in European markets for now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cruise weekly today published the following article:

Voyager for Vanuatu

Funding for the construction of a new gate and four pollards at Port Vila will be provided by Royal Caribbean Int’l to allow it to berth Voyager of the Seas in Vanuatu.

Work will be carried out on the Main Wharf, allowing the 3,138-passenger vessel to enter the compact harbour. The building project has been confirmed by Vanuatu Dept of Tourism director George Borugu.

Currently, Royal Caribbean operates its smaller Radiance of the Seas and Rhapsody of the Seas on South Pacific sailings, while Voyager tours New Zealand.

Very interesting. Did not expect to see another quantum class this far. Maybe quantum to leave after a while and then ovation/anthem coming in to replace?

IMHO i think it would most likely be ovation not anthem, seeing as anthem is being based in European markets for now.

First guess Alaska 2016.

Ovation booked at Singapore gives new possibilities... To me it seems that she might sail out of Southampton in 2016 than, or doing Med cruises between May and Oct 2016, and than switching to China. ☺️

Wondering that Navi and Oasis are still listed for Singapore as well... 😳

I think we could see Navigator and Indy in Southampton and Adventure in Harwich

Ovation booked at Singapore gives new possibilities... To me it seems that she might sail out of Southampton in 2016 than, or doing Med cruises between May and Oct 2016, and than switching to China. [emoji5]️

Wondering that Navi and Oasis are still listed for Singapore as well... [emoji15]

I don't think royal would dare to put 2 quantum class ships in China. I would think transposition enroute to west coast for Alaska. Or is it possible that royal starting to explore longer itineraries like around the world itineraries? Hmmm... Using ovation for that would make sense seeing as itineraries could be in both hemispheres for part of it, cold and hot.

I don't think royal would dare to put 2 quantum class ships in China. I would think transposition enroute to west coast for Alaska. Or is it possible that royal starting to explore longer itineraries like around the world itineraries? Hmmm... Using ovation for that would make sense seeing as itineraries could be in both hemispheres for part of it, cold and hot.

Quantum not to Alaska, st least not in 2016.

Ovation seems not to reach Asia prior to fall 2016...

But maybe Ovation to Australia, and just being transferred via Asia..

Quantum not to Alaska, st least not in 2016.

Ovation seems not to reach Asia prior to fall 2016...

But maybe Ovation to Australia, and just being transferred via Asia..

What about that booking in Rome Ports for 15 March 2016 from Barcelona next port Naples. Travelling in the right direction Max.

Anthem goes to Europe for the season.

I think we could see Navigator and Indy in Southampton and Adventure in Harwich

That would be my guess right now as well.

The only odd thing is that some of the Norway ports show Adventure coming as well from Southampton as the port previous to the call.

What about that booking in Rome Ports for 15 March 2016 from Barcelona next port Naples. Travelling in the right direction Max.

Are you saying Ovation to Alaska? I wouldn't mind that.

I guess if one Q class does go to Alaska, they would do the 7 night RTs from Seattle? I would hope that they would still have a Radiance Class ship in Vancouver.

Have we seen any evidence of Radiance going to Alaska? I know there is evidence of Jewel. Maybe Jewel goes to Vancouver, Ovation to Seattle, and Radiance elsewhere?

Rome always books arrivals and departures. Is that Quantum booking not only booked for Departure from port, with no arrival booked?

Rome has not been very reliable this year as while Funchal, Riviera, Palma and Gibraltar have updated ships they have not.

Barcelona does not post schedules, but they have almost 20 RCI ships in their drop-down menus. I do not see that fact as an indicator.

And Le Havre is showing Brilliance calls with the previous port being Harwich.. :confused:

That is why this year is so difficult. The facts are not supporting the speculation in the same way as last year.

Brilliance was only pulled from Norwegian ports, but she is still showing at Copenhagen, Le Havre, Amsterdam, while at the same time the TA is clearly booked in both directions through Funchal, calls at Gibraltar, Riviera, Rome and others all support the 12 night Barcelona. Brilliance was also pulled from Portland, ME not doing Canada sailing, but going directly to Tampa on her TA from Funchal.