Deployment Schedule 2016-2017. Let the guessing begin

Cruzin-K

Currently there doesn't appear to be an indication of any Panama Canal cruises. With Jewel in Europe during the summer and her TA back to San Juan announced, it seems unlikely that any other Panama cruises will be announced as going back through info on here, it's been pretty much determined where most ships will be. However, that isn't definite so you never know!

I heard from one of the groups that I sail with that they are negotiating their contract for Panama Canal Fall 2016 so there is hope. I look every few days on the Royal site and the other site, but no sign of Panama Canal yet. (And don't worry, we are a group of less than 100 quilters. No crazy partying for us.)

The pacific coastal cruise is round trip Seattle? Ugh, that is disappointing. I was hoping for a San Diego/LA route. Now I have to go back to watching the Celebrity Sept 2016 cruise, but it's pricey. Bummer.

Edited by sr4mjc

I heard from one of the groups that I sail with that they are negotiating their contract for Panama Canal Fall 2016 so there is hope. I look every few days on the Royal site and the other site, but no sign of Panama Canal yet. (And don't worry, we are a group of less than 100 quilters. No crazy partying for us.)

Based on their printed release schedule, I wouldn't expect to see anything until mid-April. But all ships seem to be committed to somewhere else - except Vision. So I am not hopeful.

The pacific coastal cruise is round trip Seattle? Ugh, that is disappointing. I was hoping for a San Diego/LA route. Now I have to go back to watching the Celebrity Sept 2016 cruise, but it's pricey. Bummer.

16th and 23rd Sept '16 looks interesting.

Seattle, Astoria, San Francisco, Victoria, Seattle

For us 'West Coast' folks, this is a more than disappointing. It's really a slap in the face to all of us that ran out and booked the 2015 coastals (at inflated prices). Told my TA this morning that "I'm done with this cruise line". Will wait to see if Panama Canal is offered, but will probably be booking Celebrity for next year. This itinerary will not sell well.

For us 'West Coast' folks, this is a more than disappointing. It's really a slap in the face to all of us that ran out and booked the 2015 coastals (at inflated prices). Told my TA this morning that "I'm done with this cruise line". Will wait to see if Panama Canal is offered, but will probably be booking Celebrity for next year. This itinerary will not sell well.

Amen to that. No coastals in SoCal, No Mexican and Alaska just priced (into the stratosphere).

Hmmmm.....wonder what they are planning with Explorer to get to Seattle for the May 27 sailing.

Checked this AM but still shows AU-Singapore.

I think they are still working on something? No N/A though which we have seen many times before when cruises are in limbo.

Hmmmm.....wonder what they are planning with Explorer to get to Seattle for the May 27 sailing.

I think they are still working on something? No N/A though which we have seen many times before when cruises are in limbo.

I would guess if they do not alter those sailings it would be an 18 night sailing from Singapore to Japan and on to Seattle. That seemed a bit tight, but I guess it could be done.

I would guess if they do not alter those sailings it would be an 18 night sailing from Singapore to Japan and on to Seattle. That seemed a bit tight, but I guess it could be done.

Agree.

Plenty of sea days.

Will it be one or 2 sailings will be interesting to see.

I think they have figured out there is a problem with the PVSA and their planned itinerary.

What I find more interesting is the September 30th coastal - was on the website last night, but giving me an 'unable to book' when I tried to mock book it. Today it is gone. Still on Cruisecal.

What I find more interesting is the September 30th coastal - was on the website last night, but giving me an 'unable to book' when I tried to mock book it. Today it is gone. Still on Cruisecal.

In September, the ship will sail three Pacific Coastal cruises, seven nights in duration, which feature an overnight in San Francisco, Calif.

http://www.royalcaribbeanpresscenter.com/press-release/1136/royal-caribbean-announces-2016-europe-and-alaska-adventures/

In September, the ship will sail three Pacific Coastal cruises, seven nights in duration, which feature an overnight in San Francisco, Calif.

http://www.royalcaribbeanpresscenter.com/press-release/1136/royal-caribbean-announces-2016-europe-and-alaska-adventures/

That's what they said....but now I'm beginning to question it. I will hold out some hopes for something interesting on the Trans-Pacifics.

The new October bookings at Monterey are a mystery still, appearing after they had already confirmed Explorer to the region.

http://monterey.org/en-us/Departments/Harbor-Marina/Cruise-Ship-and-Tall-Ship-Visits

Radiance is definitely scheduled back through Hawaii with 17th Sept. at Hilo and 20th at Honolulu.

The new October bookings at Monterey are a mystery still, appearing after they had already confirmed Explorer to the region.

http://monterey.org/en-us/Departments/Harbor-Marina/Cruise-Ship-and-Tall-Ship-Visits

Radiance is definitely scheduled back through Hawaii with 17th Sept. at Hilo and 20th at Honolulu.

How set in stone are these port schedules? I asked a couple months ago and don't recall getting any answers. It seems they are pretty fluid based on all the changes mentioned.

Another one.

Ovation has been updated on Hong Kong Ports but not Explorer.

I think they have figured out there is a problem with the PVSA and their planned itinerary.

I don't think their Left and Right minds? know yet what is going on??.....saw it happen years ago with Voyager.

We were booked FLL to Barcelona- TA, then it went N/A and then got a call finally- they cancelled the cruise and offered us OBC or a different ship at a totally wrong time for our B2B to work. Took the OBC and went ahead and booked another TA ship. Later on out comes Voyager going to Dubai which we would have Jumped At!!! By then air etc. was booked and we couldn't change.

IF only they had told us what was planned we would have stayed with Voyager. It left days after we arrived on Liberty.....:( So, I feel they jump in sometimes and then start to figure out how to swim......:D

Sept 23 Coastal back to Seattle is on their web page. I think I did see it later in Sept. but it is not there now.

Edited by CVU

Another one.

Ovation has been updated on Hong Kong Ports but not Explorer.

Some ports seem to just keep adding and then occasionally remove old bookings.

I like the ports that actually show the ships that have cancelled as that shows how fluid these bookings are sometimes.

I should have been clearer about the Jewel bookings at Monterey. The actual bookings were made after they had already deployed Jewel to Europe and after they had already announced Explorer to Alaska. They were not there until just last week, which I find odd.

Amen to that. No coastals in SoCal, No Mexican and Alaska just priced (into the stratosphere).

I'm not disappointed in the Explorer coastals, that's a completely new itinerary for a cruise line; kudos to RCI to show some originality. Balcony cabins start at $1065 pp, sounds like a great deal to me!