Equinox staggered Embarkment

Leftyinfwa

Just received texts and an email from Celebrity that for the February 13th EQUINOX cruise we are requested NOT to arrive early and only to check-in at a specific time.

Times are so noted by decks with the first check-in starting @ Noon and the last 2:00 pm. Suites and Zeniths can check in anytime.

Anybody know WHY ?

Thanks

LEFTY:eek:

This has been going on for some time now. All they are trying to do is to level the arrival times so folks don't have to stand in long lines. It's really a request or suggestion....if it's convenient, then follow their request. If you need to board at some other time, don't worry...it's not a problem.

Just received texts and an email from Celebrity that for the February 13th EQUINOX cruise we are requested NOT to arrive early and only to check-in at a specific time.

Times are so noted by decks with the first check-in starting @ Noon and the last 2:00 pm. Suites and Zeniths can check in anytime.

Anybody know WHY ?

Thanks

We were on the Equinox three weeks ago. At first I wasn't happy with the assigned time thing.

However, when we arrived, it was THE quickest registration and check in of any of the 19 cruises we have taken! It really went smoothly and so quickly. No endless standing in line or waiting again for the photo to be taken.

I am sure it must be only a suggested time, as how would it work when using Celebrity transfers from the airport for instance? Passengers arrive by the coach load and will be checking in to all areas of the ship.

It of course is suggested. This is nothing new. you can arrive any time but may well stand in a long line. Discussed over and over here. It simply makes the lines shorter and on some cruises when the ship is coming from a long tour overseas they must wait for a US Customs inspection for all crew AND a Coast guard inspection of the ship. This can take two hours. It has recently resulted in late departures.

Man, they sure don't have trouble communicating this to passengers (multiple texts, emails and voice mails) regarding your boarding priority. Was notified at least six times today. But I am still waiting for the communication on how the construction will affect dining arrangements on our Equinox cruise. Don't think they will be sending us anything regarding that:)

On Eclipse 1/18. Embarkation was supposedly timed. I was on deck 10. I arrived at my scheduled time and still waited in a long line to get through security. My spouse had requested a wheelchair. None were available. We were in a line that moved very slowly and then completely stopped. No explanation. We stood in a packed line without moving for more than an hour. People were sitting on the floor. It was hot and very crowded. It was the worst embarkation. Our disembarkation was excellent. No crowding. Luggage was on a conveyor belt. Got our bags quickly. We got a taxi. At the MIA airport by 9 am.

Anybody know WHY ?

Thanks

So all 2500 passengers don't all show up and complain about not getting on at 11:30.

Ok, it is simply pure crowd control.