Thermal Suite / Hydro Pool Cost

Janet524

Would anyone know the weekly cost for the Thermal Suite/Hydro Pool on the Nieuw Amsterdam? Thanks.

If you look above at the thread that 1of4 started, it appears to be $199 per couple.

You can always call to double check and it can be booked in advance.

I've always had a challenge booking it in advance. Called Ships Services and everything.

So, instead, I pre-pay some $$$ to our online account by buying ShipBoard Credit on HALs site and then go straight to the spa on day one, after checking into our room and book it. Never had that fail me, but I have not taken an Alaskan cruise where it might be more highly sought after.

$199 for 2 people last time I bought it. Worth every penny.

Don't forget- the prices suggested may not be for the same length of cruise as yours. How long is your cruise? To others reporting prices, how long of a cruise are you referring to?

The weekly cost seems to be pretty consistent. One of our roll call members called to see the price and for our 20 day cruise for 2 people it is $599

That's on a Vista ship. ON the S & R ships it would be less of course as they don't have the same facilities but I believe the OP is not inquiring about them.

Edited by kazu

The weekly cost seems to be pretty consistent. One of our roll call members called to see the price and for our 20 day cruise for 2 people it is $599

That's on a Vista ship. ON the S & R ships it would be less of course as they don't have the same facilities but I believe the OP is not inquiring about them.

And there is a pretty good chance it will be less than that once they get on the ship. If they purchase at the higher price, a refund for the difference will be applied to their onboard account.

I have often wondered if the price per day was less on longer cruises. $599/2 for 20 days seems pretty reasonable. Thanks!

• 1 month later...

We were on the Nieuw Amsterdam 3/15 for 7 days and we bought the pass during the tour on embarkation day and we paid $249/couple.

We enjoyed every minute of it and we got as many minutes in as we could!

......but now wondering why I didn't pay $199/couple as others are saying on here.... HA!

We are on the NA Sept 13, '15 12-day....paid 499.00 for couple thru ship services. For our Dec '15 sailing on NA, 7-day paid 249.00 for couple. She said that if they are running a special embarkment day, they would "probably" work with me to off-set difference with on-board credit or a free additional service such as facial, pedi, etc.......

The price for seven days on the Nieuw Amsterdam and the Eurodam recently has been $249 per couple.

However, BOTH Times we were billed as two single people at $149 each instead of the $249 per couple. Of course, they adjusted it after we caught it.

Just off the Eurodam which was $249 for 7 days for two. 2 years ago it was $199 on the NA for 7 days.

It has gone up, but is still worth it to us. We go as much as twice a day, as it is open until 10 PM and is a great end of the evening event. I have gone in the afternoon to get out of the sun and the crowds and the noise and rested on a lounger in the hydro-pool area just to read, mostly alone there.

We probably spend a total of 8-12 hours each in there over the course of the week, which makes the cost worth it to us. The warm meditation room is as lovely as the heated ceramic loungers.

Also, they offer 4 scrubs (salt/sugar) to use as part of your spa experience as part of the package. ask when you sign up to see if that is still the case and how to collect them.

We find it easiest to go to the spa early on embarkation (just after lunch and unpacking) and walk into the spa hydropool area and sign up without a tour, etc. They will then mark both cards for use at that time. So, it helps to have both people together. Takes 2 minutes.