First Royal Caribbean Cruise

Oasis is an amazing ship. You're going to have a blast. I loved that ship. I didn't even care where it was going.

Tip: Read up on the ship and make a list of all the things you want to try. There are so many things to do that it's just crazy.

The aqua theater is a blast (so many things going on)

Quest

Rock climbing

Flow rider

Great food

Donuts donuts donuts

Roast beef sandwiches at Park Cafe

Top shelf shows at the theater (make reservations)

All kinds of fun events in the Promenade

Mini golf at sea

Breakfast at Johnny Rockets (and good for lunch too)

Trivia

Great and eclectic bars like one that is an elevator

So many incredible things... like I said, you're going to have a blast.

If you haven't already you may want to join the roll call to get to know some others on your cruise. That way you can spend the time being excited together while you wait for the cruise as well. You might as well get the most out of anticipation.

Tom

sure.. number 1. Go in with an open mind and little expectation, and you will never be disappointed. number 2, you are going to get a lot of different opinions about bad things on the ship and good things.. take them all with a grain of salt. RCCL is a nice line with classy ships...everything else you will see or hear is subjective. You should have fun on a cruise, any cruise.

Listen to to anzore's advice. Read all reviews with a grain of salt and don't worry. You'll love it. Also you can't do it all. So enjoy as much as you can and plan another voyage. It's a wonderful ship.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You picked a beauty for your first RCL cruise. I haven't been as wowed by any ship as much as by the Oasis class and we're looking forward to getting back on board her in April. Tserface gave you a lot of good tips, I'll just add to make sure you have your dining and show reservations. The Comedy show (adult) in particular is a small venue and getting a seat without a reservation can be difficult.

The daily Cruise Compass delivered to your stateroom will give times and locations for all the activities scheduled for the following day. We enjoyed reading through it the night before and highlighting the things we wanted to be sure not to miss the next day.

Don't try to squeeze in everything. There is so much to do that you won't get it all done. We made that mistake the first time we were on Oasis. We ran silly trying not to miss this show or that event. We didn't spend time enjoying the beauty of the ship itself.

There are so many things to enjoy. Don't worry if you can't get it all done in a week. That leaves more to do on your next cruise!

As was said #1 priority is to book all entertainment in advance. They have 6 great shows per week inc main theater, comedy club, ice skating, and water show. So you'll want to book 1 per day at times you prefer. We go for shows close to 9 pm but they have early ones too. You can book online 2-3 months out

After that you plan your dining times. Great ships lots to do BUT there will be crowds at times. So plan ahead and be flexible. Enjoy!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Is this your first cruise ever, or just your first with RC? That'll save us covering some of the cruise basics.

Enjoy and feel free to do a search on this board to see what others are saying. If you can't find what you want, ask away!

I'd like to join in on this thread also. We have cruised before, mainly Celebrity, but RCCL is new to us. We will be on the Liberty of the Sea in November.

Welcome to both of you. Each ship has it's own posting board. You'll be able to find ship specific info there. It's at the top of this page..

Welcome to both of you. Each ship has it's own posting board. You'll be able to find ship specific info there. It's at the top of this page..

Learned something new - as long as I've been on CC I've never noticed that before. Thanks :)

Learned something new - as long as I've been on CC I've never noticed that before. Thanks :)

That's because it's not a board, it's just a search filter on the name of the ship. The only ship with it's own section right now is "Countdown to Quantum".