Best underwater camera??

happymoes

Sealife DC1200 is the one I currently own and has worked great for me. The DC1400 I am not sure is worth the extra cost.

Imho Nikon, Pentax, Canon and the rest are OK however they don't specialize in underwater like Sealife does.

But the advice is worth what you pay for.

Fujifilm XP70 is $135 at Costco until 3/1/15.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Before I saw this thread, I had looked at Costco online for this camera, but none listed. They must have sold out??? I also looked in our store today and there weren't any.

I did find at Sam's for $140. Only $5 more, but no double warranty :(

Groupon has a deal for the Fujilm XP70 right now, but we decided against it bc of the battery life reviews. We just purchased a refurbished Nikon Coolpix AW 120 on Amazon for around $150- can't wait to use it!

Hubby & I were looking @ the GoPro tonight , we will probably buy one . They're so awesome

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

They are! We do dock diving with my golden doodle...it's awesome to see her perspective as she jumps into the water!

• 3 weeks later...

We just had our Canon D20 take on water on our cruise two weeks ago. We probably used it in the water 5-6 times. Rinsed it well afterwards..took very good care of it. We had to buy a new camera on the ship..the Fuji70..and I feel the pictures are very blue. Canon has that nice red filter!

Anyways, after we got home and read about repairs, the number of people reporting leaks in these cameras is staggering! Not sure if I should contact Canon and see if they will repair it. I am afraid to buy another Canon! Anybody have luck with free Canon repairs after warranty?

Lauri

• 2 weeks later...

or the Ricoh WG-4 at $250 ...

http://www.buydig.com/shop/product.aspx?sku=PKWG4L&ref=PLA&omid=103&utm_source=GooglePLA&utm_medium=CSE&utm_item=PKWG4L&CAWELAID=230005120000292855&CAGPSPN=pla&catargetid=230005120000543094&cadevice=c

get_pimage2.phtml?id=52085&shop=bg

or the Pentx Optio WG-2 at $210 ...

http://www.blinq.com/detail/electronics/other/pentax-optio-wg-2-digital-camera-black/214954?condition=brand-new&adpos=1o4&creative=72063924607&device=c&matchtype=&network=g&gclid=CIas9JHazcMCFRBgfgodDFIA-w

161241QkrK2QO6L.jpg.jpg?1416336245

And there are other quality underwater cameras, ...

I have the WG-3, the model produced after the WG-2 and before the WG-4 shown above. Aside from being a good underwater camera and a very rugged camera and a good point and shoot, if you get the GPS version it can not only tag the location in the EXIF files, but it can also do a GPS track you can later download and use in Google Maps or other applications to generate a map of your voyage. But if you plan to do this, be sure to buy extra batteries...

• 2 months later...
There hasn't been an underwater digital that comes anywhere near the Nikonos.

Pretty sure that's why I loved my National Geographic subscription as a kid - you just know those people were using great equipment to get those phenomenal shots.