perfume

Cru1s1ng2009

I heard the best place to get perfume is in St Maarten. Is this true? We are also going to St Thomas so I don't want to screw up and miss it.

if it is in ST Maarten, would I find the best bargains on the dutch or French side? We will be taking Bernard's #2 tour so we have to be fast in our purchases to be able to enjoy the beach as well.

TIA, Dori

When we stop in Marigot with Bernard's tours (either Tour 1 or Tour 2), I go to the "West Indies Mall" to purchase my perfume, which is from France. There is a store on the first floor (don't recall the name) which is very similar to Sephora. If you pay with cash, they will give you an additional 20% off of their discount prices. I've been very pleased with my purchases over the years in this store.

While on Tour 2, besides shopping for perfume, we always have enough time to walk over to Sarafina's bakery to purchase some delicious french pastries or enjoy lunch there. Their website indicates you'll spend 30 mins. in Marigot, many times we are there from 45-60 mins. with their tour so you'll have plenty of time to shop for your perfume.

When we stop in Marigot with Bernard's tours (either Tour 1 or Tour 2), I go to the "West Indies Mall" to purchase my perfume, which is from France. There is a store on the first floor (don't recall the name) which is very similar to Sephora. If you pay with cash, they will give you an additional 20% off of their discount prices. I've been very pleased with my purchases over the years in this store.

While on Tour 2, besides shopping for perfume, we always have enough time to walk over to Sarafina's bakery to purchase some delicious french pastries or enjoy lunch there. Their website indicates you'll spend 30 mins. in Marigot, many times we are there from 45-60 mins. with their tour so you'll have plenty of time to shop for your perfume.

sweet! and thanks for the 20% tip.