Lobster and Escargot

Atwell

For those of you who like lobster, the lobster tails served on the Summit on our recent B2B sailing were the largest I can ever remember, certainly in recent times. I believe they were only on the menu for the 2nd formal night of each week. You can order more than one of you choose.

Last year, escargot was off the menu altogether (or restricted) for a while but now it is back on the menu every evening. If you really like escargot, you can order more than one serving (but the garlic butter sauce is too rich for me to ever do that). However, one of our table mates ordered six portions one evening (and lived to tell about it). :-P

Question....if we're dining in Blu and they serve lobster in the MDR, can I order that same lobster in Blu? If I remember correctly, doesn't the escargot become very limited in the early summer months? It is one of my favorites and I hope they serve the same escargot in Blu.

Question....if we're dining in Blu and they serve lobster in the MDR, can I order that same lobster in Blu? If I remember correctly, doesn't the escargot become very limited in the early summer months? It is one of my favorites and I hope they serve the same escargot in Blu.

I do not know from personal experience but I have seen postings on CC that say you can order in Blu from the regular main dining room menu. I believe I also saw that you might have to let them know a day ahead. I assume this means that they have copies of the main dining room menu in Blu that you can peruse the day before. Ask them in Blu and I feel sure they will try to accommodate you.

Just ask you waiter, they may do it. My wife really likes black salmon in MDR menu and our waiter brought it to BLU.

I do not know from personal experience but I have seen postings on CC that say you can order in Blu from the regular main dining room menu. I believe I also saw that you might have to let them know a day ahead. I assume this means that they have copies of the main dining room menu in Blu that you can peruse the day before. Ask them in Blu and I feel sure they will try to accommodate you.

Thank you and thank you cruza for your input. If they serve lobster on formal night, then they would know ahead of time in Blu. :D

I didn't have the lobster on formal night on the Reflection in January but my husband did. It was so tough it was inedible. Because we live on the East coast of Canada we are used to cold water lobster and the ones on a ship are not even lobster to us.

Sarah

I didn't have the lobster on formal night on the Reflection in January but my husband did. It was so tough it was inedible. Because we live on the East coast of Canada we are used to cold water lobster and the ones on a ship are not even lobster to us.

Sarah

Our lobster was OK but certainly not what you would get in Canada or in Maine. You are sooooo lucky!

Sarah

They're big crayfish

For those of you who like lobster, the lobster tails served on the Summit on our recent B2B sailing were the largest I can ever remember, certainly in recent times. I believe they were only on the menu for the 2nd formal night of each week. You can order more than one of you choose.

Last year, escargot was off the menu altogether (or restricted) for a while but now it is back on the menu every evening. If you really like escargot, you can order more than one serving (but the garlic butter sauce is too rich for me to ever do that). However, one of our table mates ordered six portions one evening (and lived to tell about it). :-P

Same on the Infinity this past month! I was shocked at how big the lobster tails were. Tablemates ordered escargot as well.

The always available shrimp cocktail was great, too. It had been several years since we'd been on Celebrity and I was very pleased that the food was still as good as I'd remembered it. (Not as pleased when I stepped on the scale yesterday...much easier not to gain when the food is not as good, lol.)