"adjoining room" question

dittmer008

Just looking for clarification if I can book two teens in an inside stateroom directly across from our balcony stateroom. I'm confused as to whether "adjoining" per NCL's policy means there has to be a door that passes between two rooms. I have seen old posts from 2010 or so that state we could do this, but I'm curious if the policy has been modified since.

thanks

Cabins with a door between them are called connecting. Adjoining or adjacent cabins are next to each other, balcony and inside with doors facing should be ok without an adult in both (on new ships even cabins next to each other might have doors to different corridors, inside cabin's door to inside corridor - so check that also).

Just looking for clarification if I can book two teens in an inside stateroom directly across from our balcony stateroom. I'm confused as to whether "adjoining" per NCL's policy means there has to be a door that passes between two rooms. I have seen old posts from 2010 or so that state we could do this, but I'm curious if the policy has been modified since.

thanks

When we booked our teens across the hall we had to have an adult with them. When we originally booked it was DW and a teen in the balcony cabin and me and a teen in the inside cabin across the hall. We would have switched once we got onboard (they wouldn't do this officially but would give us extra cabin keys so that we could stay in the cabin we wanted) but a family friend wanted to go with us and since she was over 21 we could book the three together in the inside.

We did a family cruise on the Dawn for our 50th Anniversary. I booked 8 cabins with one adult and one under 21 in each. When we got aboard, we went to customer service and got extra room keys made up. We moved the luggage when it arrived and everyone was sharing a room with whom they wanted to. Worked out very easily. It was a stateroom/luggage game for a few minutes but everyone had fun doing it.

You do not have to have someone over 21 in the room. NCL will allow minors next door, within 3 cabins down, or across the hall. It is easier to book if you have an adult to book in the room and then switch but you do not have to. I was on the Getaway last year with my 3 kids (husband not a cruiser) and we had 2 balconies, adjoining. However, we had the choice of an interior across the hall, etc. The only company I have found that won't do it at all is Disney, the others have some sort of policy that allows it. NCL is nice because if you want, they will put kids in a balcony, whereas on CCL we are looking at booking Ocean views, because they have a policy of over 12 in a balcony. RCI and Celebrity policy similar to NCL