Fort Lauderdale Airport

Coopdog08

it is about 10 mins from the port to the airport.

You may want to check the port schedule for FLL though. As RC's allure and oasis ( the mega ships ) sail from FLL. You may get to the airport in no time but security at FLL may be slow if you are in port with the mega ship that day.

it is about 10 mins from the port to the airport.

You may want to check the port schedule for FLL though. As RC's allure and oasis ( the mega ships ) sail from FLL. You may get to the airport in no time but security at FLL may be slow if you are in port with the mega ship that day.

Thanks for the advice. I will check but I am pretty sure we will not have to worry as the return day is a Monday.

On a Monday you should be ok but go to cruise time tables dot com and you can look at your departure port and your ending port to see what other ships will be with you that day. You can also check the ports of call for your entire cruise.

But since it's a Monday you're likely ok.

Last time we were at this airport the security lines got really long, but it was a Saturday mid afternoon and there were a lot of ships in ft. Lauderdale and

Several in Miami as well!

Booked the Conquest in June. Never sailed from there or been to FLL. How far is the airport from port? Is 10-1030 to early to book return flight? I have made 940 and 1015 out of Miami getting off Breeze. Thanks!

For a 1000 flight you need to be at FLL by 8:30 (and earlier is better!). IF the ship is on time and IF there are no immigration/customs delays, and IF you carry your bags off and IF you do not mind worrying about your flight during the cruise, then you should make it and go for it.

IMHO something closer to 1130+ is smarter, but it is your cruise. Good luck - you'll need it. :)

I have flown out of this airport twice - both times in the terminal for Southwest Airlines. The security lines were not bad when I was there in November on a Friday, but we were delayed there for hours once due to weather on a Sunday and it was absolutely packed with people in a small space with very limited food selections. Our flight was around 3:00pm, we left at 7:30pm. It was horrible. I have been to every major airport in the U.S. and this is the worse, but I will be there again next week since they have a convenient flight time for my cruise out of Miami.

I would never book a flight out earlier than noon. We were delayed once in Boston on a cruise when they could not find several international cruisers - I think it took 3 hours or so before they let us depart the ship. We were not in a hurry since we were staying a night in Boston. We got off the ship after 11:00am or so and it was zoo outside the port terminal with people waiting to get on - the line was more than a block long.