Ferry to Moorea and Tours

Jackiealu

We are staying pre-cruise at the ICB on Tahiti. If we decide to take the ferry to Moorea for the day what is the best way to do this. Can we take Le Truck from the ICB to the ferry dock? What time do the ferry's stop running to get back to Tahiti. When we get off of the ferry in Moorea, will there be tour operators there or a tourist office so that we can book some type of excursion. Do we need to pre-book something or just pick it up when we get there. From the Moorea ferry dock is there a bus service to a local beach, or what is best or easiest beach to get to from the ferry.

Any recommendations would be helpful.

Thanks so much,

Jackie

you will love the ICB! I can't help much with getting to the pier, but maybe I can give some help with when you get to Moorea. first off, go to http://www.thetahititraveler.com and you should be able to find a ferry schedule. each day is different as far as when they run. once you get off the ferry, there will be letrucks and taxi's. the taxi's are expensive. depending on how adventurous you are, you can catch letruck and take it to the Sheraton or farther, maybe to le tipaniers- Jan Prince says it is a great place to spend an afternoon - or Painapo beach. if you go when there is not a cruise ship there, Albert's tours gives a fun shark feeding/ motu picnic, but it is way too crowded when there is a ship there. if you don't have it yet, pick up Jan Prince's Tahiti guide, it has tons of helpful info!

you will find some tour operators and transportation companies there at the ferry dock also.

I second laurie's recommendation for Jan Prince's book. We are 4 days pre-cruise on Tahiti at Le Meridien, and plan on doing a day trip to both Moorea and Tetiaroa. I am taking her trusty guide with me to navigate where to go and how to get there!

I'm sure you can also inquire at ICB's desk and then can direct you on how to get to the ferry, and the most up to date schedule. Once on Moorea, again, I'm sure you can get some info from a resort, or just tour around the island!

Good luck!:D

Archived