Soft Drink Value Card

knittinggirl

HAL is a Coke-offering company - check out HALFACTS.com for the bar menu to see the list of sodas. With the $25 soda card (worth $50 in soda) you usually get an 8-oz glass at I think $1.50 + 15% gratuity. With a standard beverage card, you can get a can of soda for $1.95 + the 15% gratuity but this has no discount for the soda just the convenience of not having a long list of soda charges on your account.

$50.00 Soda Card cost $25.00

The ships have now changed from giving you a can to just about 6 ounces of fountain soda.

Your soda card is charged $1.50 + 15% gratuity ($0.23) for a total of $1.73 for each “glass” of soda.

Without a soda card, you can buy a “can” of soda for $1.95 + 15% gratuity ($0.30) for a total of $2.25 a can.

On our recent cruise, I bought my husband the $25 soda card.

Sometimes he was served a small glass. Sometimes a bigger glass.

Sometimes he was served a glass of ice and a can of soda.

I never could figure it out. I always thought you got cans with the $25 card.

I thought the fountain drinks were back when it was unlimited.

My daughter took the card to a bar to get two sodas and they have her two cans and charged her for three $1.50 sodas.

Edited by Oceanwench

Too true - there is the norm: soda card dispensed soda in an 8-oz glass, room card with the soda can. Then there are the exceptions which is up to the bar steward for passengers with the soda card to use a larger glass or to rarely provide the can. Room card purchase is always a can unless otherwise requested.

I thought when they went to the $25 card for $50 worth of beverages, they started giving out the cans.
They did cans for a while, but this changed over a year ago. It's now a soft drink from the gun for $1.50 plus $0.23 = $1.73 - but as you've only paid $25 for the card, if you can finish the card you're effectively only paying $0.86 per glass (as opposed to $1.95 plus $0.30 = $2.25 for buying a can on your room key).