Breakaway VS Pride

muchomalo

I have 2 choices for 11/15/15 NCL Breakaway outside with adult drink package for 1,436.49 Cat OC from NYC

Carnival Pride for same date outside cabin $1160.94 no restrictions 1120.94 early saver

I am Platinum on both lines.

i am posting this on both boards

Thank you

What do you like to do on a cruise?

I have done both ships.

Breakaway has fantastic entertainment. The shows are amazing. (you do need to book them ahead of time, not as freestyle as NCL's smaller ships).

Do you drink? The drink package included in the Breakaway price is nice if you will utilize it.

Do you like trivia and the game-type shows? I did not like that Breakaway doesn't have an area for these, they do them in the atrium, which has almost no seating.

There are many (for fee and not) restaurant choices on Breakaway.

Also, the activities like the ropes course, rockwall, and waterslides are bigger and better on the Breakaway.

That said, I have booked the Pride for a second time this year. I like the smaller ships for the "friendlier" experiences of trivia and game shows. I thought the food on Carnival was better, especially dessert, but overall all of the food was tastier on Pride. Pride never felt crowded, Breakaway definitely did....long lines to get into the shows (worth it, but lots of people), often hard to find a table in the buffet on Breakaway, not once an issue on Pride.

If you are Platinum on both, you have probably done large and small ships on each fleet. My preference is for smaller. My children loved all the activities and kids clubs on Breakaway, less so on Pride.

Good luck with your decision, I am sure you will have a great time on either one!

I haven't been on the Pride but I have sailed Carnival 2x and been on NCL 2x, with the last trip on the Breakaway in October. I love both cruise lines but I would choose the Breakaway because: Sailing from NYC, lots of outdoor space, adults only aft area is fantastic, tons of dining options, really good entertainment, ship layout very nice. I know the Pride is also a great ship but the Breakaway really has all the bells and whistles. Have a great vacation!

I've sailed both and just booked a 2nd sailing on Pride.

Breakaway is a beautiful ship and while we enjoyed our vacation, we didn't have the best weather and missed our stop at GSC. Of course taht didn't ruin our vacation, but for us, I think that Breakaway is just a little too big. And our daughter really didn't love the kids club. Huge ship = lots of passengers so the organized kids club activities got boring when you had to wait a long time for your "turn" to play or do anything. We also prefer the port of Baltimore over NY.

We're sailing Pride next but I'd probably be willing to sail Breakaway again.