Who won the free cruise a year for life?

cmptrwiz

I would rather err on the side of caution and say that I am mostly sure I know the person who won. There are some formalities and it will take time for 100% verification. Plus, who wants to pick a sail date and then find out they were confused.

That being said, it is a VERY deserving person on many levels.

Disabled, several medical issues, FIXED income. This is a huge luxury that would otherwise have been out of the realm of possibility.

Exactly one day before getting generic notice of win (please see above) this person lost a sibling to a massive stroke. This sibling was an avid cruiser.

The winner took their first cruise, the siblings last cruise, together less than 6 months ago.

The winners first cruise was to Alaska where their parents had cruised for their honeymoon. This first cruise was a lifetime dream.

Sorry for being vague, trying to keep things quiet until it's all official. While I am sorry many people will be sad they didn't win I hope they will find consolation knowing that some complete jerk didn't win. :D

I would rather err on the side of caution and say that I am mostly sure I know the person who won. There are some formalities and it will take time for 100% verification. Plus, who wants to pick a sail date and then find out they were confused.

That being said, it is a VERY deserving person on many levels.

Disabled, several medical issues, FIXED income. This is a huge luxury that would otherwise have been out of the realm of possibility.

Exactly one day before getting generic notice of win (please see above) this person lost a sibling to a massive stroke. This sibling was an avid cruiser.

The winner took their first cruise, the siblings last cruise, together less than 6 months ago.

The winners first cruise was to Alaska where their parents had cruised for their honeymoon. This first cruise was a lifetime dream.

Sorry for being vague, trying to keep things quiet until it's all official. While I am sorry many people will be sad they didn't win I hope they will find consolation knowing that some complete jerk didn't win. :D

So nice that Carnival managed to pick this person who desperately needs good news

It IS now official! Not sure when it will be officially announced, so no identifying info.

I immediately wrote a thank you to the person handling the contest. Here is a cut and paste portion I thought you cruisers would enjoy.

...My Mother is disabled and battles some debilitating illnesses. She is also on a very fixed income. This “cruise for life”, though she may only have the time remaining to use a few, was a miracle for her. You couldn’t have selected a more deserving person. She in turn will now pass on the family love of cruising to me as her companion. After looking at your website I am already planning a trip for my daughters who will be 4th generation cruisers, 5th if you consider my great Grandparents emigrating by boat to the United States. (If Ellis Island counts, lol)

Such an epic story…

Your prize has gone well above and beyond just a marketing campaign and opened up a world of adventure to someone who otherwise would have been stuck in their home port.

Also, for anyone wondering why I selected such a goofy screen name. Apparently there are a ton of cruisers because after several tries to register, even allscreennamesaretaken wasn't available. :rolleyes:

This was announced by Carnival and showed up on my broker account page for CCL...

Carnival, the world's largest travel and leisure company, today announced that Bette Shapiro from Red Bud, Illinois, is the official winner of its World's Leading Cruise Lines Marketing Challenge.

That's the official notice. Very happy for Bette and hope she will enjoy her cruises!!

Edited by cdavid46