Who won the free cruise a year for life?

cmptrwiz

I know we were supposed to choose our favorite Carnival Corporation Super Bowl commercial and then they would choose one person to win a cruise a year for life. I think we were set up. I never heard who won. Could you even choose the mystery commercial?

I know we were supposed to choose our favorite Carnival Corporation Super Bowl commercial and then they would choose one person to win a cruise a year for life. I think we were set up. I never heard who won.

Clearly another Carnival cutback.

On the 1-25 Breeze Cruise we were told at past guest party to vote but now that I think about it I don't think we were told where or how to vote. Duped??

i was on the glory 1-24 and it was the exact same thing. at the past guest party they showed all the commercials but not the commercial that actually aired. they kept talking about the cruise for life and how we could win. but never told us how to do it. came home on 1-31 and the next day was the super bowl and i saw the commercial they picked and it wasn't even one that they were telling you to vote on.

i was on the glory 1-24 and it was the exact same thing. at the past guest party they showed all the commercials but not the commercial that actually aired. they kept talking about the cruise for life and how we could win. but never told us how to do it. came home on 1-31 and the next day was the super bowl and i saw the commercial they picked and it wasn't even one that they were telling you to vote on.

We were on the Conquest Jan 24 and same thing with us getting off the ship superbowl sunday.

Did notice that funship freddy has suddenly made an appearance so maybe he won.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Former sweepstaker here. Usually, it takes several weeks to determine the winner of a sweepstakes. Normally a certified letter is sent for big prizes like this, and the potential winner has to get some paperwork notarized and sent back within a certain timeframe. Of course, it happens that sometimes because of taxes, time constraints, ineligibilty, etc. a winner turns the prize down. I had to do that once because I won a trip that could only be taken a certain week, and I was pretty pregnant.

In any case, if the winner turns the prize down, the whole process starts over. Most companies that run sweepstakes do not announce the winners of their sweepstakes. Usually, in the official rules, there is a provision for finding out the name of the winner. Most often, you need to send a sase to a specific address by a certain time. Rest assured, though, that sweepstakes are highly regulated, and a big company like carnival will absolutely follow all the laws and regulations. It's the small mom and pop local companies that sometimes engage in shady business with sweepstakes.

I myself won a cruise on the Westerdam many years ago. Wish I had the time to get back into sweepstaking.

Former sweepstaker here. Usually, it takes several weeks to determine the winner of a sweepstakes. Normally a certified letter is sent for big prizes like this, and the potential winner has to get some paperwork notarized and sent back within a certain timeframe. Of course, it happens that sometimes because of taxes, time constraints, ineligibilty, etc. a winner turns the prize down. I had to do that once because I won a trip that could only be taken a certain week, and I was pretty pregnant.

In any case, if the winner turns the prize down, the whole process starts over. Most companies that run sweepstakes do not announce the winners of their sweepstakes. Usually, in the official rules, there is a provision for finding out the name of the winner. Most often, you need to send a sase to a specific address by a certain time. Rest assured, though, that sweepstakes are highly regulated, and a big company like carnival will absolutely follow all the laws and regulations. It's the small mom and pop local companies that sometimes engage in shady business with sweepstakes.

I myself won a cruise on the Westerdam many years ago. Wish I had the time to get back into sweepstaking.

Thanks for the info. I agree, but I would of thought we would of heard something at least from John Heald.

Just heard that Kim Kardashion is the winner. She will be going with funship freddy.

Enjoy this while you can. Kim Jong-il is working the forums tonight.