Sun Question

getupgo

Boarding in two weeks and realized I don't know if the ocean view cabins are equipped with a hair dryer. Can anyone tell me?

I looked at tipping on NCL web site and it recommends 15% tip for bar drinks. Is there an automatic tip charged to my card or do I write it in?

Boarding in two weeks and realized I don't know if the ocean view cabins are equipped with a hair dryer. Can anyone tell me?

I looked at tipping on NCL web site and it recommends 15% tip for bar drinks. Is there an automatic tip charged to my card or do I write it in?

Yes Ocean views are equipped with hairdryers.

Yes they have dryers and the 15% will be added to your drink order, so no reason for you to add anything more. Watch very carefully so you do not tip twice unless you want to add something.

Just to clarify on the hair dryers - they are not electric plug in however-many watts hairdryers like you would have at home or in a hotel. They are a hose-type hair dryer in the bathroom over the toilet that worked perfectly for my very fine, easy to dry hair but may be a problem if you need some real power from your blow dryer. Just thought you should know.

Just to clarify on the hair dryers - they are not electric plug in however-many watts hairdryers like you would have at home or in a hotel. They are a hose-type hair dryer in the bathroom over the toilet that worked perfectly for my very fine, easy to dry hair but may be a problem if you need some real power from your blow dryer. Just thought you should know.

True ... but it's not the kind of hair dryer to STYLE your hair. I had to buy a hand hairdryer at the first port of call of our 2 weeks Sun cruise in South America.

The hose is cumbersome and the end handle does get HOT!

• 4 weeks later...
We chose the unlimited drinks choice that we were given. So, I assume we will get a wristband or something?? Then we will just tip in cash to the bartenders?

Your room card will have a sticker on it and will also say you have the package when they swipe the card when they ring up your drinks. You still sign for your drinks and can add a tip if you want (they automatically add 18%), then they zero it out on your account.

Hope that makes sense.

Your ship card will be your "drink card" at sometime they will put a UBP sticker on it to quickly let the bartenders know you are on the plan. Tipping 18% is already included, however there has been a lot of positive comments about giving the bartender/server an additional tip of a $1 or so per drink. Lots & lots of treads on this subject.

RedRover96