POM car rental shuttles

crislen

Hi everyone. I currently have a reservation with Dollar to rent a mini van after our Carnival cruise in May.

I've been doing some reading and have read how absolutely horrible the wait for the shuttle to the car rental place is. I know they run every 30-45 minute, but it is really insane? Am I looking at 2+ hours to get the car?

Does anyone have an recent experience? Dollar / Thrifty seems to have the best rates. We like Budget, but MIA pick/up drop off is 70$ cheaper than port pickup / MIA dropoff.

The Dollar/Thifty shuttles cruise the entire Port of Miami area and return to the Rental Car Center across from Miami International Airport when they have a full load of cruise passengers. The normal wait times are usually less than thirty minutes and if you don't see a shuttle pass in a reasonable amount of time I have called the Dollar office directly and ask to speak to a supervisor. If you are really in a hurry taxies are readily available and cost twenty five dollars plus tip for transportation back to the Rental Car Center. Make sure you have your car reservation paperwork handy because some cruise passengers are looking for free transportation back to Miami International Airport. Some shuttle drivers will ask to see the reservation before they allow you onto the shuttle.