T.A. messed up - Booked Oceanview, instead of Guaranteed Balcony...

Tildi

We booked a "Balcony Guarantee" in Dec. through a well known Australian T.A.

On the weekend, we finally got cabin allocated. :D

To our dismay, Cabin is on deck 1 & is an Oceanview. :(

Contacted the T.A, & she apologised profusely.

She had booked us in Oceanview Category, instead of Balcony.

She also said she has never made an error in a booking before.

The Cruise leaves in 9 days & only Cabins left (on website) are interiors.

She said that Carnival now has up the top of the Waiting List.

& she was trying some contacts she has within Carnival.

Has anyone been through this before?

& if so, what was the result?

Feeling very frustrated & disillusioned at this point in time :(

We booked a "Balcony Guarantee" in Dec. through a well known Australian T.A.

On the weekend, we finally got cabin allocated. :D

To our dismay, Cabin is on deck 1 & is an Oceanview. :(

Contacted the T.A, & she apologised profusely.

She had booked us in Oceanview Category, instead of Balcony.

She also said she has never made an error in a booking before.

The Cruise leaves in 9 days & only Cabins left (on website) are interiors.

She said that Carnival now has up the top of the Waiting List.

& she was trying some contacts she has within Carnival.

Has anyone been through this before?

& if so, what was the result?

Feeling very frustrated & disillusioned at this point in time :(

Not that precise problem but some pretty nasty errors in the past, I'd suggest you ask them how they are going to make it up to you, I certainly wouldn't be happy.

Thanks for your reply, Gut2407.

Allocation was on Saturday morning, so rang toll free number.

The Guy on the other end, was really confused about the booking, as he could see, that we booked & paid for a balcony, so he couldn't understand why it had happened & to contact her on Monday.

She said, that she made a mistake, in her email to Carnival, when she made the booking.

So for now, the "waiting game" continues...

Thanks for your reply, Gut2407.

Allocation was on Saturday morning, so rang toll free number.

The Guy on the other end, was really confused about the booking, as he could see, that we booked & paid for a balcony, so he couldn't understand why it had happened & to contact her on Monday.

She said, that she made a mistake, in her email to Carnival, when she made the booking.

So for now, the "waiting game" continues...

Good luck I hope it works out for you, but enjoy the cruise anyway don't let it ruin it for you. But then insist on them making it up to you in some way, shape or form.

Op, I'm really sorry...

I don't even know what to say! I do hope you get your money back and I hope you enjoy your cruise, but I know that's easy for us to say being that it's not everything you have hoped it would be.

Thank You Everyone, for Your replies & understanding.

I really needed an opportunity to vent & "pick other Cruiser brains", for possible solutions.

I posted my question on another forum, within CC & had this reply,

which has given Us a feeling of empowerment.

==============================================

Originally Posted by badgerbill viewpost.gif

On Carnival Australia site do a booking quad share not twin ...mock booking shows these two cabins are bookable quad share .... it pays to look beyond the obvious btw my mock booking price for 4 = $6536 .... up to agent as gesture of goodwill to try and secure if still available in morning ... at that price dont see folk queueing for them cheers

=============================================

BadgerBILL, You ARE an absolute LEGEND!!!!!

I never thought of looking at quad shares, just looked at twins!!

YOU are 100% right, there are balconies & suites for quad share!!!

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR FINDING THIS & POINTING IT OUT TO US.

Will be using YOUR info, to OUR advantage, in negotiations with T.A.!

"Thinking" that the Cruise was Full, (except for Interiors & NO "real" hope, of a "good" resolution, was a horrible place to be...)

Feeling "EMPOWERED", because of YOU!!!!

(P.S. BadgerBILL... Caps are for emphasis, absolutely, NOT YELLING at You.

Just SHOUTING, A massive HALLELUGIAH, that there REALLY IS some HOPE in Our Scenario!!!

THANK YOU SO MUCH....!!!!

YOU TRULY, have made OUR Day !!! :D

You say you booked a balcony guarantee. An OV was booked. Wouldn't the initial pricing difference be apparent? What did your initial confirmation say? Did you actually pay for a balcony or think you did? I just can't grasp how that OV got booked if the agent was in the balcony section getting the rates. I'm not saying it didn't happen, I just can't grasp HOW it happened.

Stuff like this and always missing price drops is why I would rather do it myself. The information is out there, I don't need someone else to be a middleman.

What ray98 said.:o

If they don't fix it in a big way I would definitely not be back as a customer. Hopefully they can work something out for you. Good luck!

You say you booked a balcony guarantee. An OV was booked. Wouldn't the initial pricing difference be apparent? What did your initial confirmation say? Did you actually pay for a balcony or think you did? I just can't grasp how that OV got booked if the agent was in the balcony section getting the rates. I'm not saying it didn't happen, I just can't grasp HOW it happened.

H Ruthlees Boss,

I spoke on the phone from T.A. She takes full responsibility for the error.

She apologised profusely & thanked us for not yelling at her.

(Yelling wouldn't change the situation & we are all Human & prone to error)

She is trying every avenue & is hopeful on talking to someone in Carnival who is back from A/L tomorrow.

She touched on the fact that if we couldn't get the balcony would we still sail? I told her it's hard, because already out of pocket for non-refundable flights & hotel to the tune of $1,000.

She assured me she would work with her manager, to give a satifactory outcome.

Just really posted here, to vent my frustration...

Thanks for listening/reading :)

Sorry this happened to you OP but it's nice to see you having a great attitude about it and not totally blasting off on the TA or TAs in general.

If the balconies are all sold out, I'm not sure what they can do to get you into one. You should end up with a nice chuck of OBC plus I would think the TA would offer something as well. Please let us know how it turns out, and I hope you have a blast on your cruise!

Sorry this happened to you OP but it's nice to see you having a great attitude about it and not totally blasting off on the TA or TAs in general.

If the balconies are all sold out, I'm not sure what they can do to get you into one. You should end up with a nice chuck of OBC plus I would think the TA would offer something as well. Please let us know how it turns out, and I hope you have a blast on your cruise!

Also possible someone with balcony doesnt show up and they could move you after you sail. Would make sure they communicate what happened to guest services on the hsip.

As for OBC, it depends on what she paid. Did she pay for a balcony? If so, the OBC will be what she actually bought herself because she over paid for the OV. I would hope the TA would step in and offer something.

What ray98 said.:o

If they don't fix it in a big way I would definitely not be back as a customer. Hopefully they can work something out for you. Good luck!

I totally agree with you Frank,

We will not be back as a customer, if there is no satisfactory conclusion.

A CC poster, "Badgerbill", gave me/us a great deal of HOPE.

==============================================

Originally Posted by badgerbill viewpost.gif

On Carnival Australia site do a booking quad share not twin ...mock booking shows these two cabins are bookable quad share .... it pays to look beyond the obvious btw my mock booking price for 4 = $6536 .... up to agent as gesture of goodwill to try and secure if still available in morning ... at that price dont see folk queueing for them cheers

=============================================

BadgerBILL, You ARE an absolute LEGEND!!!!!

I never thought of looking at quad shares, just looked at twins!!

YOU are 100% right, there are balconies & suites for quad share!!!

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR FINDING THIS & POINTING IT OUT TO US.

Will be using YOUR info, to OUR advantage, in negotiations with T.A.!

"Thinking" that the Cruise was Full, (except for Interiors & NO "real" hope, of a "good" resolution, was a horrible place to be...)

Feeling "EMPOWERED", because of YOU!!!!

(P.S. BadgerBILL... Caps are for emphasis, absolutely, NOT YELLING at You.

Just SHOUTING, A massive HALLELUGIAH, that there REALLY IS some HOPE in Our Scenario!!!

THANK YOU SO MUCH....!!!!

YOU TRULY, have made OUR Day !!! :D __________________

As for OBC, it depends on what she paid. Did she pay for a balcony? If so, the OBC will be what she actually bought herself because she over paid for the OV. I would hope the TA would step in and offer something.

Just to clarify your question, we did book "Balcony Guarantee", at time of booking, & were charged accordingly. Yes it was a good deal, but we did pay the price for a "Balcony Guarantee".

The T.A. has admitted, it was "entirely" her fault, & apologised Profusely, for her error.

Is T.A. is trying to rectify situation?

Well Yes, She is trying the "best she can", at this stage, & pulling all the "rabbits out of the Carnival Hat", that She can.

But of course, She/T.A., made the error, & both would probably like to get out of this as "cheaply" as possible, for herself & her employer.

We fully recognise that.

Badgerbill, gave Us the "Best Heads" up, as to the reality, of the ship being full, so we definitely, have hope of a decent resolution.

Seeing that the TA admitted the error, they should do their best to correct the issue...even if that means they get you into a higher category cabin than you paid for (i.e., quad-shared balcony, suite, etc).

If they don't upgrade you (at no additional cost to you), the very least they should do is refund the difference between GTY Balcony and Ocienview.

Good luck.

Seeing that the TA admitted the error, they should do their best to correct the issue...even if that means they get you into a higher category cabin than you paid for (i.e., quad-shared balcony, suite, etc).

If they don't upgrade you (at no additional cost to you), the very least they should do is refund the difference between GTY Balcony and Ocienview.

Good luck.

Thank you so much for reply, which in the Big Picture, is what we are "trying" to acheive. We realise, T.A. Messed up, not us.

I am impressed at your calm, and kind responses to everyone here and your calm thankful attitude at support and help. It helps a lot of us who put up with hot heads in our lives and against our better selves sometimes melt down too soon. I am one who believes there is always a story within a story and a lot is going on in each of our interactions...you know you are helping many stay calm and persevere by modeling and responding to all here even so kindly; (KUDOS) and not yelling.

Just got off the phone from my yelling dad and it takes zero for him to start in..not finding a phone number this am and my not having my personal book at the helm..LOL.

Thank you OP for modeling how handling problems should be done...no matter what happens I just want you to receive the cherry on the top of this cruise in making it right.

Thanks for being such a wonderful example to us all in a rough spot..

Sincerely,

Sarah

Edited by sjn911

If there are still open rooms, whether they are balcony or suite, your TA should be responsible for getting you into the room that you expected at the very least. If it costs them money, that's their error to deal with. Personally, as long as I still had a room on the ship, I would be okay. Enjoy the vacation, and don't let it get to you.