What time to arrive for a 4:00 departure

twokids0204

We typically arrive at 11:30am-12pm so we can put luggage in the room and go get some food. When we took Jewel sailing out of Seattle last year, we took the train to downtown Seattle and then walked like a mile to the port. That was a pretty nice exercise despite the luggages.

We typically arrive at 11:30am-12pm so we can put luggage in the room and go get some food. When we took Jewel sailing out of Seattle last year, we took the train to downtown Seattle and then walked like a mile to the port. That was a pretty nice exercise despite the luggages.

Ooooooh, info please.... Train from? How much did that cost?

We are leaving from Seattle on the Jewel, with a 4:00 departure.

What time should I arrive, and what is open on the ship when we get on?

Are you staying in Seattle the night before the cruise? Lots of things to see and do near the Port of Seattle.

There is a commuter train link from the airport to the downtown area. Seattle is built on a series of hills similar to San Francisco. The Port of Seattle terminal is located at Pier 66 at the bottom off Bell Street on the northern edge of the waterfront area.

Are you staying in Seattle the night before the cruise? Lots of things to see and do near the Port of Seattle.

There is a commuter train link from the airport to the downtown area. Seattle is built on a series of hills similar to San Francisco. The Port of Seattle terminal is located at Pier 66 at the bottom off Bell Street on the northern edge of the waterfront area.

We are staying in Seattle the night before, possibly a couple days before.

Ooooooh, info please.... Train from? How much did that cost?

Oops...I forgot to give more details! We took the train from the Seattle Airport to Downtown Seattle (I think it was the last stop? I forgot..grr) as we flew into Seattle the day of the cruise. I have also forgotten how much it cost. The train ride took around 45 mins

Edited by GoAndHaveFun

Oops...I forgot to give more details! We took the train from the Seattle Airport to Downtown Seattle (I think it was the last stop? I forgot..grr) as we flew into Seattle the day of the cruise. I have also forgotten how much it cost. The train ride took around 45 mins

I have to look into that... Thanks

We are staying in Seattle the night before, possibly a couple days before.

Depending on where you are staying, they may have a shuttle to the ship. As long as you are on board by 1:30 P.M, you will be fine. I hope you and your family have a great cruise. I know that I will on my cruise this spring.

I always recommend you get there in time to have lunch on the ship. There's sure to be one of the MDRs open, which makes for a nice relaxing thing to do after the bustle of getting there and checking in.

The MDR typically opens at noon and closes at 1:30 or 2pm. All services will close by 3pm-ish so that the crew can get ready for the muster drill.

Edited by Valen9

We are leaving from Seattle on the Jewel, with a 4:00 departure.

What time should I arrive, and what is open on the ship when we get on?

No later than 2:00 p.m.

How early? That is up to you. You can probably start boarding around 11:30.

Depending on where you are staying, they may have a shuttle to the ship. As long as you are on board by 1:30 P.M, you will be fine. I hope you and your family have a great cruise. I know that I will on my cruise this spring.

One thing I would add is that hotel shuttles (to the port) can be a bit pricey so if OP isn't liking the price, definitely look into taking the train.