Really clueless at this, help!

dreday3

We booked our cruise in the beginning of the year, but haven't bought insurance yet. We are about to purchase our flights. We don't have pre-existing conditions.

I don't know what kind of coverage to get? Two of us, 42 at time of travel. Arriving two days before cruise (airfare ridiculously cheaper leaving on Friday than Saturday)

My concerns would be missing boat due to weather (leave from Chicago at end of November -anything goes with weather!)

Have to cancel due to sick family member (elderly parents, healthy! :) (knock wood), but just in case)

Or obviously if one of us gets sick and we have to cancel.

What kind of insurance am I looking for? Are there policies that cover the above? If cruise is missed due to weather, we only get a percentage back? Or all of it? Anything else I should be worrying about?

I've never purchased insurance for trips before.

Thanks!!

Edited by dreday3

Strongly urge you to call Steve at

TripInsuranceStore.com

to discuss all of your concerns as you mentioned above, and he will probably ask you about other issues to consider.

He has several "vetted" insurers who tend to pay when claims are made, and that's what counts, after all.

Make sure you tell him about your concerns about your parents, too, as that's obviously an important issue.

GeezerCouple

What Geezercouple said.. talk to Steve and his staff. We currently have two cruises insured with them. On the upcoming one, the price went down and his staff was able to get us a refund on the extra insurance we purchased. The second one is still 11 months away and Steve worked it out for us to just insure our deposit for now and add air fare and cruise fare once they are paid... nice to have have to put the whole premium upfront, especially when we don't even know what the airfare will be yet..

Strongly urge you to call Steve at

TripInsuranceStore.com

to discuss all of your concerns as you mentioned above, and he will probably ask you about other issues to consider.

He has several "vetted" insurers who tend to pay when claims are made, and that's what counts, after all.

Make sure you tell him about your concerns about your parents, too, as that's obviously an important issue.

GeezerCouple

Another vote to call Steve at tripinsurancestore.com. Works with you to get the best coverage for your personal situation. Also, if you need to file a claim or have problems, he will be there to go to bat for you.