Help choosing inside cabin on Royal

pjchow

While all of this was nice, the OP is specifically asking about the Royal Princess, as in Janetz recommendation, and not for comparisons/recommendations to a Grand-class, which might be nice to know down the road if they decide to cruise on those ships.

;)

Thanks Dave

98% of this post was about my cabin experience on the Royal inside Lido which was very contradictory to Janetz post. Just a cut and paste from a post I made last year, should have tweaked it a bit more to properly fit the requirements for being absolutely specific to the post! Inside sideways Lido cabins on the Royal should not be recommended IMHO!

Ken

Thanks Dave

98% of this post was about my cabin experience on the Royal inside Lido which was very contradictory to Janetz post. Just a cut and paste from a post I made last year, should have tweaked it a bit more to properly fit the requirements for being absolutely specific to the post! Inside sideways Lido cabins on the Royal should not be recommended IMHO!

Ken

Hi Ken,

Just curious; other than the deck a stateroom is located on - Lido Deck vs Caribe Deck, etc. - how would the Royal-class interior sideways cabins themselves differ that would make you not recommend the ones on Lido Deck? Or is it that you don't recommend that specific category style at all? The cabin I had (C406) was quite suitable for my needs, albeit I travelled as a solo and didn't have to deal with the obstacles you did.

:confused:

Thanks to everyone for all of your thoughts. We used your information and changed our inside to sideways C419.

We have the same cabin on the Regal in April & if you're sailing before us would appreciate sharing your experience. :)

Last October on the Royal's 10 day repo we had a mid-aft "sideways" on Baja deck but just before final payment paid $50/pp. to get a deluxe balcony on Emerald deck.

Hopefully that's true & not merely a narrower nightstand to create the illusion of more space. :p

We stayed in a sideways inside quad on the Regal and it definitely was bigger. I believe the room dimensions of the sideways cabins show them to be a few sq feet larger.

Curious about the protruding bunkbeds. We have been on 8 princess cruises, 4 different ships, and have always had bunkbeds that were flush into the ceiling, so not one bit of them really jutted out in any direction. Are the protruding ones common and we have just been lucky?

We stayed in a sideways inside quad on the Regal and it definitely was bigger. I believe the room dimensions of the sideways cabins show them to be a few sq feet larger.

Curious about the protruding bunkbeds. We have been on 8 princess cruises, 4 different ships, and have always had bunkbeds that were flush into the ceiling, so not one bit of them really jutted out in any direction. Are the protruding ones common and we have just been lucky?

Our protruding bunkbeds were in an obstructed oceanview on the Golden & Dave posted photos of the same setup in a Royal inside "sideways" cabin.