I heard inside stuff about upgrades what do you think?

hjlanda22

Along with everyone else, I would love to know how the upgrade thing works. I assume it has to do with pure luck...and the mood the CCL Upgrade Fairy is in that day!!:D

And how you are holding your tongue at the moment :D I always cross my toes, but it hasn't worked yet :(

I think you are reading GC's original post on this thread all wrong. She did mention she tried to help you on this in another thread. Chris is one of the most helpful posters I have ever met on here. She is a wealth of knowledge and I know I have asked her question when I did not know the answer. It's not that she is telling you that you are wrong in a mean manner....it's just that your theory does not sound correct to seasoned CCL cruisers. The only times I have ever seen Chris lose her cool is when someone is rude to her first. Perhaps because she did not agree with you earlier you are holding that against her? I am not trying to be rude whatsoever but it's really hard to interpret what someone says via typing on a message board. Normally, I don't want to get involved in these types of posts but because I know Chris on this board and others, she is not the person you are portraying her as.

Then PLEASE do not get invloved. I am not portraying her in anyway. I am reading what she is saying to me and posting replies as to how I took what she said. I do not question her knowledge Im sure she know alot. She has been helpfull to me in the past and you know what she probly will be in the future. She has also been rude to me and covering it up with a smiley face. I dont hold a grudge and am not mad at her. It makes me mad to have to even tell you this, because she is not a child and needs not others to defend her, there is nothing to defend. Ok then I am going to have another poster stick up for me and tell everyone I am not the person she is portraying me to be.... what does that matter, in other words what you are saying is it is ok for her to be rude to me but no one may call her on it? Like I said before if I felt she was rude to me then thats what it was rude (to me). I dont know if she is rude to others I cant say either way. SO please everyone lets leave it alone ok

Then PLEASE do not get invloved. I am not portraying her in anyway. I am reading what she is saying to me and posting replies as to how I took what she said. I do not question her knowledge Im sure she know alot. She has been helpfull to me in the past and you know what she probly will be in the future. She has also been rude to me and covering it up with a smiley face. I dont hold a grudge and am not mad at her. It makes me mad to have to even tell you this, because she is not a child and needs not others to defend her, there is nothing to defend. Ok then I am going to have another poster stick up for me and tell everyone I am not the person she is portraying me to be.... what does that matter, in other words what you are saying is it is ok for her to be rude to me but no one may call her on it? Like I said before if I felt she was rude to me then thats what it was rude (to me). I dont know if she is rude to others I cant say either way. SO please everyone lets leave it alone ok

Well, I would suggest that if you want EVERYONE to drop the subject that you might stop posting about it yourself. Ignore Chris, get over it, and go on to better things.:) ( And no, I am not hiding my rudeness behind my smiley face...I don't feel the need to hide behind anything;) )

I've not gotten the best upgrades myself but I always hope for the best. I'll start concentrating on our Conquest cruise now:p

LOL, maybe someone needs to post that dartboard again :D That seemed to be the most scientific method :p

Along with everyone else, I would love to know how the upgrade thing works. I assume it has to do with pure luck...and the mood the CCL Upgrade Fairy is in that day!!:D
Lets hope the Fairy is busy helping NOLA.I think they need her most.:(

Lets hope the Fairy is busy helping NOLA.I think they need her most.:(

Corina, you are so right :( But I think the fairy was deployed today with lots of goodies, so it's a start... sadly, just a drop in the bucket...

Okay, courtesy of the Duckster... here is the upgrade wheel :D

upgradedartboard.bmp

This is a bit off topic but has anyone noticed if we have another full moon this week like we did last week:rolleyes:

LOL, considering the number of extinguishers I have gone through, the lucky 8 ball says "it appears so" :D

Hello,

I agree the reps will tell you anything......................my story.....

On my 1st ---- 10th cruises......no upgrades.....not a first time cruiser or a past guest..................

On my 11th.........booked an assigned cabin...had difficulty with the PVP...rep...whatever you want to call them.....talked to someone in the Colorado office................BINGO...got upgraded to my first balcony...not because of a past guest...because Carnival screwed up and i got a very understanding Supervisor.......

SO after all this.............what do you think now ???????????????

OMG, I just found my room-mate shot dead!

I hit the redial button on the phone, and it appears he managed to get through to someone at Carnival that had the inside scoop on how the upgrades are awarded.

I warned him, and all of you too... that if you ever found out the secret to upgrades, Carnival would have to shoot you.

Don't be stupid. One death is enough.

Thanks Colette :o You are too kind... I did go back and read all posts that I have posted to the OP (really haven't been that many)... I didn't see anything rude, so I am bowing out, obviously I have done something horrible... but I will stick to my opinion on this matter, it has been beaten and covered a million times and we always get the same result... and knowing that the OP has mentioned in several threads and posts various theories on the guarantee upgrades, i was simply trying to reduce her stress and let her know that it's only going to drive her mad... but I bow out...

For what it's worth, at least to me it's obviously her that has some serious issues, a big chip on her shoulder, and likes to "read"/"hear" herself talk, and not you.

But it's always wiser to not have a battle of wits with an unarmed person, so you're probably doing the right thing by "bowing out." If only to save yourself more frustration.

I understood ya, GC.

Then PLEASE do not get invloved. ... (snip) ... SO please everyone lets leave it alone ok

How can you possibly parade your ego, attitude, and two cents around on a large national public message forum and then tell people (not ask people, tell people) to ignore how you treat other people, and/or not pay attention to anyone else but you? :eek:

Perhaps you should grow a little thicker skin. You're the one who's been ordering people around, telling them to be quiet, and who's been disregarding other peoples' feedback because it doesn't suit your needs. Take a little break and relax.

18 cruises, 9 year CC member, two upgrades, and now I read you're gonna figure it out. I'm all ears.

Mr.Pete, your answer was negative, and she doesn't need that kind of negative energy from you. So maybe you should just ignore the whole topic and move on, since you don't have anything positive to say. She's all about the here and now, not your old and tired experiences! :rolleyes:

:D

Look out, I'm feeling snippy today!

your answer was negative, and she doesn't need that kind of negative energy from you. So maybe you should just ignore the whole topic and move on, since you don't have anything positive to say. She's all about the here and now, not your old and tired experiences.

Look out, I'm feeling snippy today!!

You must be. These are MY experiences? Who is SHE?

Hey, you know what I heard? A person that works for the National Enquirer told me that all their stories are true. This person works for National Enquirer so what they said must be the truth. What does everyone else think?

:D

Thank you for bringing me back to my college philosophy class in logic. I think it is the "fallacy of the undistributed middle," but I'm not sure.

Archived