Whats the nicest thing that ever happened

kakalina

I was on the Enchantment of the Seas with my ex-DH. I had saw this lady one morning wearing this very beautiful blouse, so I complemented her on it. We kept running in to them thru out the week and I would say therre is that lady that had that beautiful blouse on the other day. Well, we wind up talking to them and they were really nice. We exchanged room numbers so that we could hook-up again later. Next thing I know, one morning we are on our way back to the cabin when I noticed there was a RCCL laundry bag hanging from the door knob. When I look inside, it was the beautiful blouse that the lady had on with a note saying that she never gets a chance to wear it and wanted me to have it! We in exchange went to there room and slipped a $20 under their door and a great big thank you.

Now when ever I wear it I get tons of complements on it and I always remember my friend from the Enchantment of the Seas!

Cruizinrican:)

Cruzincan, that's a great story thanks for sharing:) I'll tell one of mine. I was injured on a ship with a broken shoulder and the staff was amazing. The spa did my hair in a braid every day as I couldn't and the dining room brought special food and the front office sent champagne for me. Although I was miserable until they flew me home I was miserable in style;)

I was on the Enchantment of the Seas with my ex-DH. I had saw this lady one morning wearing this very beautiful blouse, so I complemented her on it. We kept running in to them thru out the week and I would say therre is that lady that had that beautiful blouse on the other day. Well, we wind up talking to them and they were really nice. We exchanged room numbers so that we could hook-up again later. Next thing I know, one morning we are on our way back to the cabin when I noticed there was a RCCL laundry bag hanging from the door knob. When I look inside, it was the beautiful blouse that the lady had on with a note saying that she never gets a chance to wear it and wanted me to have it! We in exchange went to there room and slipped a $20 under their door and a great big thank you.

Now when ever I wear it I get tons of complements on it and I always remember my friend from the Enchantment of the Seas!

Cruizinrican:)

That is so nice!:)

Cruzincan, that's a great story thanks for sharing:) I'll tell one of mine. I was injured on a ship with a broken shoulder and the staff was amazing. The spa did my hair in a braid every day as I couldn't and the dining room brought special food and the front office sent champagne for me. Although I was miserable until they flew me home I was miserable in style;)

So nice! :)

The nicest thing that happened to me, was when on our last cruise on Jan 29th /04 and Feb 5th/04, we were on a back to back on the Carnival Valor..and we met the nicest people from our Cruise Critic Group...they were awesome...we still keep in touch and we are going on a reunion cruise this Feb. 4, on the carnival Liberty...that is what makes cruising fun...I was the only Canadian there and didn't at one time feel out of place...

Go out there and enjoy life...

On our last cruise we met a really nice couple. They had cruised before and we hadnt. At dinner they would talk about different things to expect on the cruise and asked us did the room steward put the rose petals on your bed at night?

My Dh and I being the newbies were like no we didnt get rose petals and the other couple would kind of snicker and say well I cant figure out why you all didnt get them we got them. So me and Dh would kinda look at eachother and wonder to eachother wonder why we didnt get the rose petals we thought we tipped the guy well maybe he just didnt like us.

There was another couple at our table and they too said we didnt get them either. So now we are all wondering why this other couple got them and we all didnt. Came up with well maybe it had been because they had cruised before.

Well all of us became fast friends from our dinner table and we hung out on the cruise together. Every night they would ask the rose petal question and every night we would say no and sit and wonder again lol. ( such dummies we were lol)

Anyways on our last night we went to our room before dinner and lo and behold our whole bed was covered in rose petals. I was beside myself. We left for dinner and met the other couple who had never cruised before and first thing we said to each other was we got rose petals tonight! Well we go to dinner and the other couple as always asked us if we got our rose petals and that night we excitedly said yes! The other couple smiled and said see we told you you would get them. Finally later in the night us slow witted people realised that these nice people had paid the steward to put all those rose petals on our beds to help make our cruise memerable. Once we figured it out we went and thanked them profusely but I will never forget that cruise because of the rose petals in the bed.

DH/I went on Voyager in July to celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary. Since our wedding day we spoke/dreamed about renewing our vows at sea. Finally... that day came. I wore my wedding gown/veil/jewelry once again. This was a dream come true and I was so honored that my gown still fit me after ten years! (Trust me I busted my butt at the gym!). We found rings to exchange in Jamaica and Grand Cayman to symbolize our special day. Our vow renewal was perfect, it was on our actual wedding anniversary and we had about a dozen friends attend that I met on CC. Shannon who took care of us on Voyager was wonderful and she made our dream come true. We had an extra hour of photos on the ship and it was well worth it. Seeing the pictures made my eyes water. Besides the days events two things that happened blew my mind. Let me explain the first one.

At the Repeat Passenger party I ended up speaking with the Captain and we were discussing the vow renewal, Voyager, etc. For the heck of it I asked him that if he wasn't busy around 4pm on Friday he is more than welcome to attend the vow renewal. This was the second time I spoke to him (first one was the Welcome party). I didn't think he would come.. the joke was on me. DH/I were late to the ceremony due to pictures and Shannon told me that the Captain was there, had a meeting to go to and will be back. I nearly fell on the floor! Shannon didn't expect that either so she was as shocked as I was. At the reception the Captain showed up and we were so honored and stunned at the same time. I gave him a huge hug and I didn't care if he was the Captain or not. He spoke to us for a while, had our picture with him and then he left. Captain Pettersen was the kindest man and for him to stop by for a little while meant the world to DH/I. That was such a wonderful feeling.

The second one wasn't as exciting but it was pretty cool. We ate dinner at Portofino and stopped by our table to say Hi to our tablemates since some of them couldn't make the vow renewal. We decided to go down the stairs in the dining room since I wanted to see a few friends that were sitting in the center section of the dining room on Deck 3. People congratulated us, etc. and while we were walking down the stairs the entire dining room clapped for us. I turned red and I never turn red. For that minute we felt famous. The high we got from that can't be explained but it meant so much for us.

Overall, we had a wonderful cruise, our vow renewal was fantastic, met great friends via CC, had great tablemates and enjoyed every second of our dream vacation. This was the best cruise with RCI that we've ever been on and we are so grateful to those that made it special.

I just got off the Carnival Paradise this morning...the whole cruise was filled with a lot of nice things:rolleyes: but this one is the most perplexing:confused: Last night, my family and I were on the Lido deck at the midnight buffet. One of the waiters that me and my sister befriended came up to us with a picture in his hand. The picture was one of those Carnival professional photos (that costs $20!!)- me, sis and our mom at our table in the dining room during Formal night. The waiter told us that a passenger gave the picture to him so that he could give the photo to us. We have no idea who this passenger is, and neither did the waiter. We have no idea how the passenger knew to give the pic to the waiter (maybe he saw us talking to him?) The passenger did not give his real name...so if you are reading this, thank you very much! That was very nice of you!

wavecruiser: You've just been on the receiving end of a "Random Act of Kindness" ... how wonderful for you! It's like having a fairy godmother, you never know where they are or when they'll come around, they just wave their wand sometimes. I love to read stories like yours.

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

I just got off the Carnival Paradise this morning...the whole cruise was filled with a lot of nice things:rolleyes: but this one is the most perplexing:confused: Last night, my family and I were on the Lido deck at the midnight buffet. One of the waiters that me and my sister befriended came up to us with a picture in his hand. The picture was one of those Carnival professional photos (that costs $20!!)- me, sis and our mom at our table in the dining room during Formal night. The waiter told us that a passenger gave the picture to him so that he could give the photo to us. We have no idea who this passenger is, and neither did the waiter. We have no idea how the passenger knew to give the pic to the waiter (maybe he saw us talking to him?) The passenger did not give his real name...so if you are reading this, thank you very much! That was very nice of you!
From someone who has Done this Your Welcome!!:D

wavecruiser: You've just been on the receiving end of a "Random Act of Kindness" ... how wonderful for you! It's like having a fairy godmother, you never know where they are or when they'll come around, they just wave their wand sometimes. I love to read stories like yours.

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

Yes you have, isn't it wonderful. Makes me want to do a "random act of kindness" to a first time cruiser. Gee... if each of did just one niceness to a "newbie" wouldn't it be terriffic.:p

Trisha

LOL I just found out who bought us that picture. My sister and I e-mailed the guy thanking him (he put his address on the back) and asked if he had pics of himself so we could find out who he was. He just e-mailed back, told us we were cute:) and sent us two pics from the cruise. I recognized him - he sat behind us during one of the bingo games. And, we never even met or talked to him...so funny hehe.

Great, fun thread-thanks!! DM & I were on the Sapphire last summer to Alaska.

We met 2 sisters one nite while putting our name in for a table-we decided to share one w/them. Very nice people & one of the ladies was a professional photographer-she offered and we accepted that she take some shots of us We got all dressed up for our 2nd formal nite& she took colors and black and whites of us on our balcony & mailed them to us after we got home. They turned out beautifully -I feel very blessed that we have these great photos. She took one of me putting my hand across my moms mouth as she is quite the talker!! Its so funny-she insisted we do some joke ones as well as poised, I did try to pay her, she wouldnt hear of it. We met a lot of very nice people & thank you to all who practice random acts of kindness! Liz

My DH and I were on the Voyager in October 2003. We had planned to go for our anniversary but with kids busy in the Summer we decided to go in October. From the minute we boarded the RCI Voyager we were in heaven. When we went to dinner the first night, we met the Head Waiter for our section. See we were at a table for six, but no one else showed up, so it kinda stood out as a table of two. We started talking to the Head Waiter, and every night after that I looked forward to his stop at our table to ask how we were and we talked about his family in India and that he was going to see them after this voyage. We had talked about this being a late Anniversary cruise and our first time away from our kids in 15 years. Well, one night after dinner, we were getting ready to order desert and our waiter wouldn't take our order, all of a sudden our Head Waiter came to the table(which by the way stayed a six person table all week with only two of there all week) and brought us a cake that was personalized with our last name and Happy Anniversary. He told us to enjoy and that he really enjoyed us on this cruise. It was that little touch that just made the cruise great. Also on a side note, we kept getting plates of chocolate covered strawberries in our room each day with notes saying "Thank you, Dining Staff".

Those are the nice touches that make it fun to meet new people and be happy no matter what.

Kathy

About 14 years ago my husband and I sailed on the Crown Princess (1) for our 1st Anniversay. At the time I was about 3 months pregnant. We sat at a table with these really nice people from California. They were a little bit older then us (We were only 22 at the time :eek: )... they would talk about their grown children and it was a very nice experience having our meals with them... well, on the last night out they gave us a gift for our baby!!! It was a cute outfit with the Princess logo on it. It just really touched us that they would think to go to the shop on board and pick something out for our "little guy".

:)

• 2 weeks later...

On the Enchantment a few years ago, we had a brand new busboy. Unfortunately, I don't remember his name or his country, but he barely spoke any English. He was very young and very homesick, but you could tell he wanted to make a good impression. Every day, he would memorize a verse and a chorus from an American song and sing it to us at dinner as best he could. The waiter would tell us how the busboy would carry around the song in his pocket to practice and that he only sang it for us at second seating. The first seating guests weren't particularly nice according to the waiter. One the last night, the busboy sang you light up my life and came around and hugged each one of us goodbye. We all started crying. It was so very special.

My DH and I on our first cruise would check out the large cruise compass and mark things we were interested. This was the Enchantment in 99. I had always wanted to try to learn some social dances and we found a class listed. We went to the class and it was something else. My DH and I went to the sports director, Omar (who I saw on a Travel channel program and he is now a cruise director) and asked him what happened. I guess it was cancelled but still in the large cruise compass but not in the small pocket sized one which we failed to check. Well, we were very disappointed and Omar apologized. We thought that was the end of it, but on our last night we found 2 Ship Shape t-shirts and a lovely letter from Omar. I still have that letter to remind me of his thoughfulness.

Kerrie

• 3 weeks later...

On our last family vacation together (the kids were grown and moving on with lives) we decided, regretfully, to fly to Vegas then cruise to Vancouver. Vegas is not geared for young teens even tho our families assured us there would be lots to do. Yes, there is lots but at a ridiculous price. Should have done my homework.

Anyways, I was looking forward to the kids experiencing a cruise adventure which my DH & I had done several times. This was our first cruise with HAL. Again, unfortunately, it was a very old ship and was not very nice. I believe this was it's last voyage. The weather was awful, very bad winds and rough seas. Since the ship was quite small it got tossed around a lot.

My eldest boy (19) got extremely seasick (I think he got food poisoning, but thats MHO). My husband who never ever gets seasick was also very sick. My son and DH had the same dinner the night before.

Now for the nice part. The crew was so attentive to my son. He ended up sleeping outside on deck for 2 days of the cruise The crew would always stop to ensure that he had enough blankets and was comfortable. Even the passengers (who knew us from being on stage with the comic) were stopping and asking how my son was doing or that they had just done a lap of the ship and let me know my son was resting comfortably.

So, even tho HAL is NOT my cruise line of choice (not just because of bad seas, which isn't their fault) I was impressed with crew and passengers and will never forget their kindness to my son. I still chuckle when I think of my DH getting "the needle" in his butt. :D

Thanks for the thread

Archived