Upsell offer

lmarie83

I got an email offer to upgrade from an interior to an oceanview for $50 on our upcoming cruise on the miracle. We have a French door interior already, am I the wrong to think that it would not be an upgrade to move to an ov from a French door interior?

Edited by lmarie83

I got an email offer to upgrade from an interior to an oceanview for $50 on our upcoming cruise on the miracle. We have a French door interior already, am I the wrong to think that it would not be an upgrade to move to an ov from a French door interior?

I don't think this is an upgrade. If you're already in a French door cabin, you will have natural light PLUS fresh air. On a higher deck.

Maybe I'm a bit naive but aren't many upsell offers to get rid of the junk that doesn't sell in order to free up rooms that a cruise line can sell, and sell easily. Just because something has a higher category number or a higher letter doesn't mean it is a "better" room for a person's particular need. I've never been offered an upsell for a mid floor mid deck room that is quiet. Just odd corners, unshaded, and partially obscured rooms or those close to elevators or stairs.

Maybe I'm a bit naive but aren't many upsell offers to get rid of the junk that doesn't sell in order to free up rooms that a cruise line can sell, and sell easily.

Yes and no. An upsell doesn't necessarily mean you will move to a worse location or cabin.

Usually the cruise line will upsell those guests who are in cabins that are easier to sell, such as interiors.

In the case of OP, they are in a French Interior which will sell in a heartbeat.

So those hoping on an upsell (or even upgrade), your chances are higher if you are in cheaper cabin, in a unique cabin or in a great location.

I just got the email offer today to switch from our Cove balcony on deck 2 on the Breeze to a regular Balcony on deck 9 for $40. It looks like the majority of the balcony rooms available are directly under the Lido Marketplace. There is one cabin that is right above the edge of Guy's burgers and Lido Marketplace. I'm wondering if this is per person though. It doesn't say that it just says upgrade for $40. I don't want to hit "accept" instead of "decline" before A- I know if it's per person and B- if I think this is a good deal. I just looked up online prices if we were to get the same room directly on their website and it would cost an additional $160 for us. Also, we've never been in a Cove room so thought it might be interesting, then again deck 9 is closer to Lido and food. What would you guys do?

I just got the email offer today to switch from our Cove balcony on deck 2 on the Breeze to a regular Balcony on deck 9 for $40. It looks like the majority of the balcony rooms available are directly under the Lido Marketplace. There is one cabin that is right above the edge of Guy's burgers and Lido Marketplace. I'm wondering if this is per person though. It doesn't say that it just says upgrade for $40. I don't want to hit "accept" instead of "decline" before A- I know if it's per person and B- if I think this is a good deal. I just looked up online prices if we were to get the same room directly on their website and it would cost an additional $160 for us. Also, we've never been in a Cove room so thought it might be interesting, then again deck 9 is closer to Lido and food. What would you guys do?

stay right where you are

stay right where you are

Because of location or because of cove balcony?

It's also spring break/Easter week. Thinking there will be lots of high schoolers (we will have one ourselves), and I know that they often like to congregate late hours in the Marketplace.

I'm not a "normal" Carnival cruiser (but have done 1 cruise so far and another booked), but I was thinking that I read that the OV categories are bigger? Maybe that's why they consider it an "upgrade". :confused:

However, if it was me, I would stick with that french door interior. Those look pretty darn awesome, even if they are blocked by something. I would much rather have that and be able to have all that light and open the door than just an OV room. :)

I have never received an upsell offer. Any idea why?

And, what's a french door interior cabin?

French door interior is classified as an interior but has French doors that open to an obstructed view (life boats). There is no balcony to step out into, the doors open and there is railing across the doorway.

I would not take that upgrade, I think what you have is much better than an OV because not only do you get daylight, but you get fresh air too. I would't give that up!

That was my line of thinking. I called to see if I could get a deal on a balcony with no luck. Worth a shot.