Florida Disney Question

Catniss87

Hey everyone so my and my bestfriend are going on a cruise for my birthday im a Disney fanatic go all the time for few hours is no big deal to me anyways i wanted to see what everyone thought of my plan

1 Pick Up with private town car at 1215 ( we dock around 12 )

2. Drive to Grand FLoridan use the monorail there to get to the park

3 Hang out in Magic Kingdom till around 4 or 430 for ride ( cuz we are going to reserve fastpasses)

4 Shop till 530

5 Make our way back to Grand Florida for 615 pick up

6 Back to ship around 745 ?

What you guys think ????

You have easily 2 hours of road time roundtrip to and from Port Canaveral (which means you are down to about 6 port hours before even setting foot in the parks). The Disney Parks are extremely crowded in the afternoon and the typical wait time for attractions will be anywhere from 30 min to 1 hr+. So while your idea sounds good on paper... you will almost certainly not pull it off like you have imagined it. If you want to see Disney, then I recommend actually going to Disney as there is a ton to see there and it really is a great place.

Also you have to figure in getting a car and returning it... No way would I do this but good luck if you try.

Edited by Notion_of_the_Ocean

What day of the week? As long as you don't hit rush hour traffic going back, I agree with one hour travel time. I live on the west coast of Fl, I can get to Port Canaveral in under 2 hours. The town car drivers are good.

Unless you really want to ride the monorail, you could have the driver drop you at the entrance to the bus circle across from the Contemporary and walk. That saves the wait for the monorail.

If you just take a wallet, you can skip the bag security line.

FastPass is definitely the way to go. Do you have an annual pass or will you order the ticket on-line? You have to have a ticket to use the online fast pass system. You can install the Disney app on your phone too so you have your FP times with you. The Disney app is pretty good.

Edited by diathoney

You have easily 2 hours of road time roundtrip to and from Port Canaveral (which means you are down to about 6 port hours before even setting foot in the parks). The Disney Parks are extremely crowded in the afternoon and the typical wait time for attractions will be anywhere from 30 min to 1 hr+. So while your idea sounds good on paper... you will almost certainly not pull it off like you have imagined it. If you want to see Disney, then I recommend actually going to Disney as there is a ton to see there and it really is a great place.

Also you have to figure in getting a car and returning it... No way would I do this but good luck if you try.

Did you read the op?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It an hour and 20 tops from port no way 2 hours

The PP said 2 hours round trip. As long as the limited time in the park is worth it to you that's all that matters, you've left enough cushion at the end to make it to the ship even with traffic (and if the traffic is that bad all of the ship's sponsored excursions will likely be impacted also;)).

Hey everyone so my and my bestfriend are going on a cruise for my birthday im a Disney fanatic go all the time for few hours is no big deal to me anyways i wanted to see what everyone thought of my plan

1 Pick Up with private town car at 1215 ( we dock around 12 )

2. Drive to Grand FLoridan use the monorail there to get to the park

3 Hang out in Magic Kingdom till around 4 or 430 for ride ( cuz we are going to reserve fastpasses)

4 Shop till 530

5 Make our way back to Grand Florida for 615 pick up

6 Back to ship around 745 ?

What you guys think ????

If you don't mind me asking, what town car company are you using and what is the roundtrip cost.

This may be an option as opposed to a car rental when DW & I cruise the Gem in April.

THANKS. :)

Thanks for the contempory tip I'm s disney vet :) go at lest twice a year no pass as I'm moving there soon so just a special treat for me and my friend for my bday fast passes for sure online we can get them starting March 1

Just how many rides do you think you'll get with only 2 hours allotted for a park?

I have been to Disney World for the past two years (10 day vacations total) and visted all four parks and both water parks. Stayed at all of them from open to close. I still missed a lot.

This is the most visited theme park in the entire world. Lines are LONG (shortest are usually 30 minutes, i've seen 240 minute queues before), the parks are HUGE (20 minute walks from one side to the other), and if you want to see any of the characters--add more waiting in line to the tune to 30 minutes. Then, there's the parades that you have to plan to see or get stuck on another side of the park while it passes. Getting up to Magic Kingdom is a 10-15 minute trip in itself, and that's just to put boots to the ground.

They changed their fast pass system. In the past, you could work it out so that you had fast passes to multiple rides at a time...but now you can only reserve 3 rides at a time...all day, and they barely overlap. The system works it out so that you eat up majority of your day in the park (better for business). Even then, fast pass lines teeter around 0-15 minutes a piece...and Disney doesn't put their hot rides side by side. You'll be running all across the park. Fast Passes also are snatched up quickly. Last year we were up at 7am reserving fast passes and still missed a lot of the good time slots. If we waited too long--we were getting suggetions for 4:00pm..and that was reserving them nine hours earlier.

I HIGHLY suggest going to Magic Kingdom as a vacation, but it's not a day trip...especially if you're not starting at 9:00am sharp. Without even trying, you will miss 70% of the park. Multiply that by all the variables of Florida traffic, car agencies, and playing beat-the-clock with the ship...I would not risk it.

Just FYI :)

Edited by drhall

You should be fine. Make sure you know where at the port your car will pick you up. It was a hike even to the NCL buses when we were there last year.

You will be back before the excursion bus using your plan. Talk to the car company about the most time efficient place for pickup. It may be the Contemporary or Bay Lake tower .

I have been to Disney World for the past two years (10 day vacations total) and visted all four parks and both water parks. Stayed at all of them from open to close. I still missed a lot.

This is the most visited theme park in the entire world. Lines are LONG (shortest are usually 30 minutes, i've seen 240 minute queues before), the parks are HUGE (20 minute walks from one side to the other), and if you want to see any of the characters--add more waiting in line to the tune to 30 minutes. Then, there's the parades that you have to plan to see or get stuck on another side of the park while it passes. Getting up to Magic Kingdom is a 10-15 minute trip in itself, and that's just to put boots to the ground.

They changed their fast pass system. In the past, you could work it out so that you had fast passes to multiple rides at a time...but now you can only reserve 3 rides at a time...all day, and they barely overlap. The system works it out so that you eat up majority of your day in the park (better for business). Even then, fast pass lines teeter around 0-15 minutes a piece...and Disney doesn't put their hot rides side by side. You'll be running all across the park. Fast Passes also are snatched up quickly. Last year we were up at 7am reserving fast passes and still missed a lot of the good time slots. If we waited too long--we were getting suggetions for 4:00pm..and that was reserving them nine hours earlier.

I HIGHLY suggest going to Magic Kingdom as a vacation, but it's not a day trip...especially if you're not starting at 9:00am sharp. Without even trying, you will miss 70% of the park. Multiply that by all the variables of Florida traffic, car agencies, and playing beat-the-clock with the ship...I would not risk it.

again....did anyone actually read what the OP posted?

however, in all fairness your post will be helpful to others reading this thread....but the OP does not need this info...which you would have known if you read her posts

Edited by maggie cruises

Thank you for the concern i have been to disney over 20 times i know how things work :) were going know we are getting on 3 rides ( with FP+) and we know were not sitting down to eat din there are no children so if we get to meet a character quick great if not no big as i said were going as a spechial treat for my birthday :)

you really need to read the op post #11 to fully understand her mindset

to the OP: enjoy your day at MK ...happy birthday and enjoy your move to Florida

I read it. I guess a "treat" is what it is to an individual, I'd call going through all that a short, busy, expensive "treat".:eek: