Tahitian Princess 1/26/07

laurieb

I just did a little research, and found out that Hibiscus is next to Le Tipaniers, and is a little less expensive. What do you know about this one, did you check it out when you were there? Also what about Fare Vai Moana? I am assuming that there is a reason why you are leaning toward Le Tipaniers and Motu Iti.

it was quite hot at night. I didn't sleep all that well. when there was a breeze it was bettet, but there wasn't always a breeze.

We didn't check out any other properties when we were there, but I have visited websites and picked up Jan Prince's new Tahiti Guide. you can check out all kinds of properties at http://www.thetahititraveler.com . I think that the Hibiscus is close to the Intercontinental and LeTip.

Have you looked into any package deals with a TA? Last time we went, Doug was able to a deal that included 2 nights pre, 1 night post (at a different hotel) and air, with transfers. After all was said and done, he saved a little off of what we paid. I was wondering if we tried to get a package deal for 2 to 4 couples from a TA if we could get a better rate. Of course we would probably be arriving at different times, but maybe that wouldn't matter to the TA.

• 3 weeks later...

you just beat me to it! is a seascooter like the thing that Tareq was playing with on Huahine? are you going to bring it on the cruise? are you and Margaret going in early at all? ATN has changed thier schedule out of LA. I guess there won't be any redeye flights anymore.

Laurie yes that is the toy he had. It is packed and ready to go. Can't wait to see the TSA when they look at my hard golf club case with the scooter extra batteries and chargers and masks and fins. It will be a blast to use. each battery last 1 hour I think i will get 2 more so we have about 3 hours total time to use then everyone can have a turn. We are still not sure when we are going in, at least 1 day early and staying at least 1 after. talk to you soon Bill

My husband and I just booked this cruise yesterday. We booked on the 1/16/07 sailing quite a while ago. We tossed around the idea of a back to back booking or staying on island post cruise. Obviously the back to back won! We sailed on the Tahitian during its first season and had a wonderful time. That time we had to spend 5 nights on Tahiti post cruise as we couldn't get a FF seat home.

Sounds like some of you are scuba divers. We are both certified, but no longer dive as my husband suffered a stroke. Although he is fully recovered, DAN reccommended that he cease diving. Our first Tahitian Princess cruise was just a few months after his stroke, and we really missed the diving. It should be easier to content ourselves with snorkeling this time around.

Don't let the name "Musclegrandma" fool you. It is a web handle my daugher-in-law gave me years ago--I am a grandma and I go to the gym! I am by no means muscular!!!

We will be coming from Iowa, where we are both engaged in farming.

We just got back from a 12 night cruise with Celebrity and spent the whole time wishing we were on next years cruise.

Anxious to chat with you all.

John and Kathy Wiley:p

We really don't have the time either, but are going to try to make it. When airfare is so high, you might as well spend more time there. We have been made very aware in the last few years that we need to make the most of every day as there are no guarantees.

Thanks for the welcome.

• 1 month later...

:) Monday was the first day that American Airlines would book flights for our return on Feb. 5. As we hoped to use frequent flier miles through American and their associate Air Tahiti Nui, we called in Monday night to American, as we're unable to do the connection over to Tahiti Nui online. We did manage to book frequent flier seats, but actually had trouble finding available seating using miles for our return flights. So if anyone out there hopes to use their miles, they might want to consder looking into it soon.

visiting in LA makes alot of sense! we aren't definite on any airline, it's too far out, but we really enjoyed our flights on ATN last time down. Looking at ATN's schedule right now, we will fly in on Monday, spend a night in Papeete, take the ferry to Moorea for 3 nights and then back to get on the ship, with a night post cruise at the IC before flying home on Monday. I have already called LeTipaniers about reservations, but they won't start taking them for 07 until June. I'm kind of torn, we really liked Pension Motu Iti. I wouldn't mind flying on Hawaiian out of Portland to Papeete, but thier schedule coming back won't work. I would love to not have to go through customs in LA. Have you decided when you are flying in and where you are going to stay?

We are doing a similar plan, i.e. 3 nights pre-cruise in Moorea and half a night post-cruise at the ICB Papeete. We arrive at 8.30pm in Tahiti and our TA advised us to take the 7 minute flight to Moorea at 9.30pm. Saves

the hassle of packing and unpacking for one night in Papeete and then ferrying over next morning. The flights to Moorea seem to go quite late so that may be an option for you. Just a suggestion.

• 3 weeks later...

hi lauri and all, loved reading all your posts to date, we will be joing the Tahitian for the 1/16/07 sailing and staying on for the 1/26; hope to join your party, sounds like you have a lot of fun. We haven't been to tahiti in almost 20 years (and we were on Princess), anyway, since you've been there more recently, I was interested in your conversations re trips/tours,m places to see etc and or tour guides you used. Any more info would be great. We are leaving 4/30 for the Regal Ft. lauderdale to San fransisco, then stay over and do a 10 day R/T to Alaska, so that should hold us till next Jan. our TA has us in stateroom 7091, seems like a good location. hope to fly in a couple of days ahead and probably stay a couple of days after, anyway, will keep checking this board until we leave for the regal.

chuck and kay.

you will have a wonderful time and be sailing with a great group of people. Sadly, I don't think that we will be able to join this cruise, as we have had some lifechanging issues come up in the last month or so. I am happy to answer any questions you have that I can help with.

Laurie--Sorry to hear you can't make this cruise. :( Hope your lifechanging issues are not insurmountable and we wish you well.

We haven't booked our hotel room yet, so may need your advice. If it doesn't make you too sad, hope you keep monitoring this thread.

Kathy

Laurieb,

So sorry about your change of plans. We never know when we are going to experience life changing things. We hope and wish the best for you and your family. With my planning of our first Tahiti Criuise your information has been so helpful. We booked BTB and I was looking forward to meeting you.Best of luck.

Cindy

You have no idea how hard it is to not be looking forward to this cruise. We are both okay health wise, our life changing plans are selling our home unexpectedly, and building a new home. We are excited about our future home, but I still cry every day. I really wish we were still going. I am hoping that we will at least be able to do a cruise somewhere in the next couple of years. I am really hoping tha ATN will have a really good deal again on airfare next winter and that we can at least do a trip to Moorea fo a week or so. All of you going will have so much fun. I hope that you will get together and do some excursions. My best memories are of the fun we had with our CC friends!!!

Lauieb,

So glad your health is ok. How exciting to be building a new house. You will have lots of planning to do with that. I know you must be dissapointed but when you get done building you will have something to show for it. Planning a trip is half the fun. I know as soon as I get home I am always looking forward to next one. Start putting alittle away each month and before you know it you will be cruising again. Sorry not to have met you but maybe in a future cruise.

Cindy

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hello everyone. I have booked this cruise, along with the Marquesas cruise on Feb. 5. This is an early 50th birthday present to myself. I turn 50 in June 2007. I had initially booked a Hawaii/Tahiti 30-day cruise on HAL. The HAL cruise had five stops in Tahiti. As I started researching the cruise ports, I realized that I wanted to spend a lot more time in Tahiti. I decided that the Hawaii cruise could wait until another time and I switched to these back-to-back cruises since I had already booked a month off work. I am a solo traveller who discovered cruising nine years ago. I mostly cruised on HAL and have never been on a Princess cruise. From reading all the posts, it seems that there are almost no complaints about the TP. Since I have to pay a single supplement, I have booked the category GG obstructed view cabin. How I wish I could afford a balcony, but I spend very little time in my cabin and I prefer to spend my budget on excursions. I have also booked a four-day pre-cruise stay at the Intercontinental Beachcomber. I probably will just lie by the pool or the beach and de-stress before the cruise. I look forward to meeting you and hopefully we will have more people join us.

Archived